Brexit means Brexit means Doom and Gloom

The word on the street is they felt pretty safe making the offer, knowing full well the Mainland government will never let them out.
Wanting to leave would be interpreted as treachery and result in a life sentence.

1 Like

Maybe less of a parody. “Based on actual events”

1 Like

Sadly the RS Archer thread seems to have been taken down before the final dénouement! Back to PMQs for my weekly fix of Brexit bashing fun then…

1 Like

Why on earth would it have been taken down - sounds very dodgy to me! Unless it was true and the family spotted it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I heard on the BBC that Stanley Johnson had flown to Greece from Bulgaria to take steps to protect his villa before the rental season.

People are stupid, I remember hearing that big companies like Dyson say vote yes for brexit as Brexit is great for the UK and then moved his business to Singapore This is one example, but there are many. .

Changes to expect on 1.1.21.

1 Like

I did find the comment in that document about the questionnaires sent by the Commission and received back rather edifying (a mere 4 out of 20 questionnaires returned), a clear indication that the UK government still appears to have no idea what it actually wants.

A few weeks ago I heard Michael Gove explaining why they hadn’t answered all of the questions. He was basically saying that they don’t think that they are relevant.

Most recent, and most soberly down-beat commentary by the luminary Chris Grey on the Götterdämmerung facing the erstwhile United Kingdom as the cold light of Brexit begins to dawn.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2020/07/brexit-britains-place-in-world.html

Brexit means:

Forgetting the promises

And replacing them with a 90 page 1st draft summarising the new customs regulations to which business will have to adhere .

1 Like

I wonder how many people are in this boat :thinking::woman_shrugging:

This is now what Brexshit means…

1 Like

Yes, I posted a link to Barnier’s document listing the changes which are certain to occur on the 1st of Jan regardless whether there is a deal or not.

I was struck, walking round the local supermarket doing the weekly shopping just how much was missing from the shelves or has been substituted with alternative brands. It is relatively subtle - an individual line here or there rather than yards of empty shelves but it is clear that the supply lines are still out of kilter. Being a supermarket buyer must be stressful at the moment.

I am sure that next year will be worse, however I suspect that people will not make the connection to Brexit - one of the things that needs to be done - perhaps by labour now that they have a leader who supported remain is to make the lies of the leave campaign explicit, to make it clear that if life is shit for the next couple of years Brexit is to blame and to remind people of the promises which were made and not honoured.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Bo Jo will come up with some b s and the gullible will accept it.
There is no hope for the UK for the forseeable future.

1 Like
3 Likes

We will be seeing what was once dismissed as ‘Project Fear’. Who will be to blame? Remainers of course!

1 Like

Reading the document you linked to, and Graham’s link, got me to thinking about BBC/Sky/Freesat broadcasting rights. It wasn’t made entirely clear anywhere in those documents whether broadcasts into continental EU would be allowed to continue - after all, the reason we have geoblocking at the moment is because of the EU’s rules on content distribution. What happens to future broadcasting rights ? Is there some kind of international operator licence system ? Is the UK still in, or out ? Honestly, I have no idea.

1 Like

I don’t either although I suspect that the satellite footprints for UK services will not change - after all you’re not supposed to watch them if not located in the UK at present and the fact that you can is down to the fact that it impossible to design a UK shaped radio beam that won’t spill into adjacent territory at least a little bit.