Brexit means Brexit means Doom and Gloom

Absolutely terrible, Myanmar, the awfulness just grinds on :pensive:

Geof, a statement is either a truth or a lie and this was the latter, it’s that simple. The fact that when you read the article you see that this figure comes from a road hauliers survey and is not official government information just makes it worse as does any real mention of the effects of the pandemic on traffic numbers.

I have no doubt that Brexit will have a massive effect of UK/EU trade for years to come but drivel like this should be seen for what is and not thought of as fact.

:hole: :spades: :joy:

1 Like

I wish I spoke emoticon…

It’s never that simple - statements are rarely 100% true or lie (beyond the mundane)

1 Like

Well if the first two were the other way round Marijkeh might be trying to suggest that someone is an Ace Hole.

3 Likes

I thought hole plus spade : when you’re in a hole stop digging :blush: your translation is funnier.

2 Likes

I’m pleased I amuse the sheep and am in awe of Marijkeh’s cleverness, can’t compete with that.

3 Likes

Morning…getting snow here in Brittany later today…quite unusual.
Just looked at France Meteo…shows weather across Europe except UK which is just a white outline …Brexit the present that keeps on giving !

Not even I would blame Brexit for the weather :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought I’d wake up to it this morning John, but still not here.

…no but you can blame Brexit for the reason why France Meteo shows on a weather map of all Europe with Britain and NI white land mass with a red border round them,

Today in Brittany…

3 Likes

Seems the Old lady of Threadneedle Street needs some darning practice :roll_eyes:

Meanwhile, over at the Torygraph

I mean, it’s not as if no-one was warned this might happen. For a party which is supposed to champion business, the Tories seem to have woefully inadequate understanding of modern trade, commerce or finance and, apparently, have not heard of “competition”.

Hardly surprising @anon88169868 when you have a PM who spouts “fuck business” :roll_eyes:

It’s about the only promise he’s kept so far.

3 Likes

pmsl :slightly_smiling_face:

Very interesting piece about UK- EU future relations and direction of travel on BBC2 Newsnight last evening 16/02 including interview with Tim Darroch who was UK a Rep to EU 2007-12 then UK ambassador for much of the Trump presidency .
His book Collateral Damage is v interesting read about the white House and trumps chaotic rule, worth reading