Bringing a UK caravan to France

This is what Racet produce Trailer tents. When folded down look like a trailer like the one next to it on the picture.

Thanks for tuning in to Pedantic Campers. Coming up next, guy ropes or stays - what do you call them?

7 Likes

:grin: :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

Brilliant Brian. I have seen enough of the blighters to last me a life time.

2 Likes

Havent a clue as I am not of the camping fraternity. In the Army we called them guy ropes and i think the Americans called them stays.

As you said further up, “you’re not a van person”, they’re entirely different concepts.

A folding camper can go from parking it to beer in hand in 20 minutes, single-handed, you won’t do that with a trailer tent.

I appreciate that this is splitting hairs to those who aren’t interested but you couldn’t pay me to have a trailer tent.

1 Like

Very kinky, most people just admit it’s a corset.

2 Likes

Aren’t Guy ropes the ropes you tie up a guy with? As in S&M stuff :face_with_hand_over_mouth:? I agree about stays though…

2 Likes

I see you know a lot more about it than I do :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

ooops… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 Like

No they’re the things you fall over when returning to your tent in the dark :slight_smile:

I’m still confused :rofl: can you put a PIC of both types?

I went to Lake Garda with my Danish host family in a trailer tent of some sort!

The first minute of this YouTube video covers the basic difference and for me the key is that the folding camper is much more flexible and quicker to setup.

2 Likes

Thanks, got it now! :smile:

That is brilliant @JohnH, I never realised the difference before either.

Compare that with the special awning I bought for our Romahome (the awning cost more than the caravan), it doubled the size of it but is supported by a very complex frame and impossible to erect single handed.

1 Like

I must now surely be in the upper echelon of the nerd hierarchy.

4 Likes