Bringing hi fi equipment into France

I sell a very similar speaker cable, but with mine, the paired cable is split and one half turned around. This ensures that the electrical energy can travel around the circuit with minimum resistance and impedance. It does make a slight difference to the price, but for the improved quality it’s a snip at 650€ per metre.

Oh - and each half of the cable must follow a different route from amplifier to loudspeaker.

1 Like

Or to put it another way, every other book sticky outy a bit. :grinning:

3 Likes

Who knew that my alignment of books was acoustically sound? :grin:

2 Likes

Just re capped the pre amp NAD 1240 in replacement for th1145, ooh what a difference, re capping the 2200 next hoping for even better again especially at the low end frequencies.

1 Like

I can’t help but notice that you haven’t ordered any of my bespoke speaker cable yet.

1 Like

Too busy platting 3 pieces of cat 5.

This recapping thing.

I presume that, if my receiver (a NAD 7120 iirc) is working okay then I don’t need to do anything, but if the sound isn’t right then I need to get it done.

Is it a big job? I’m not too handy with a soldering iron but I’d happily learn.

Yes if the sound is OK then nothing to do, the thing is I wasnt sure that there was too much wrong with mine as different sources gave different results. CD’s mainly ok I thought but tuner not, bluetooth even worse. Now the pre amp has been done the difference is remarkable, bigger soundstage with more weight behind it. Probably how it was when new but you dont notice until you hear it restored.
Capacitors are a resonable size so soldering is OK whereas modern digital amps with tiny chips are too small for me to do these days. See how the power amp is afterwards also cleaning the switches with contact cleaner to remove dirt and oxidisation.

1 Like

Power amp re capped, oh yes there is a large difference, not huge just large but its there clear as a bell. Cleaner more detailed sound more alive sounding. All in all a good restoration, highly recomnended if you have old kit.

The pre amp re capping was the biggest gain in quality and I will turn up the volume a bit more to see how it all behaves as that was the telling point before re capping.

1 Like