Bringing household goods to France post Brexit

I get the same error but I Googled the reference number for the form and it took me to this page: Formulaires en ligne - Fiche du formulaire n°10070*03

I’ve also uploaded it for you :slight_smile: CUSTOMS CERT. CERFA cerfa_10070-03 (2).pdf (758.3 KB)

Hi, I’m assuming it’s not the ‘transfer your primary residence to france’ page, but the link to the customs form that can’t be reached… The transfer page has…

Specific terms

• You must transfer your property to France within 12 months from the date of transfer of your residence.
  • You may import your property all at once or in several stages. In the latter case, the inventory provided to French Customs for the first import must include all belongings for which an exemption is being requested.
  • You may not divest yourself (sale or rental, loan, pledge, etc.) of any exempt belongings within 12 months of the date of their entry into France.

Thoughts / questions -

1. What’s a transfer of residence - is it the same as renting a (short term) flat for the purposes of WA, or e.g. buying a house and transferring goods from your old one?

2. several stages - does the whole lot have to be transferred within 12 months, or the first lot within 12 months and the rest in bits and bobs later?

3. cars - so back to Q1 - if want to transfer the car into France system does this have to be done within 1 year of the ferry we took when ‘arriving’ in france for WA - or e.g. buying a house… (for info the france rental lease specifically stated residence secondaire) - or can one rely on the separation of WA ‘residence’ and tax ‘permanent residence’ definitions?

the docs to provide include:

• Any documentation proving that:
    • You primary residence was in a non-EU country.
    • You are moving to France (change of residence certificate, transfer order for French civil servants and members of the military, residency card, immigration card, etc.).

would the WA CdS work here - would it work against a change of residence certificate (mutually exclusive) or can they be separate?

Thoughts welcome! Thanks in advance.

Hello and thanks for your reply. Unfortunately due to Covid and travel problems over the past year, we are unable to do the transfer to primary residence route and I will have to make a couple more trips by car over to the UK to bring back the rest of my personal belongings each time.
I attempted to complete the customs form (in a pale green colour which needed a magnifying glass to even attempt to read!), hoping that I could explain to French customs that I couldn’t understand the form and couldn’t see the writing to fill it in properly! I also followed previous kind advice and wrote out an inventory of the boxes I was bringing back with me.
As it happened I was only stopped for the routine explosives check on my steering wheel and no notice was taken of the fully laden car - perhaps customs were scared to open any doors in case anything fell out! There was no sign of French douanes officers at all. OI needn’t have been anything like as anxious as I had been trying to complete the paperwork.
Perhaps next time there might be easier to find and complete paperwork to fill in, I certainly hope so.

I have done two trips with two cars packed to the roof recently and no one took any notice at Dover whatsoever.