Brit/French Nationality

Andrew
yes I was very lucky,not sure if it is the same for all naturalisation applications in the Pays De La Loire but I was given the correct time delay at the time of interview
I did read somewhere that instructions had been given to fast track applications for the British people in France at the moment but obviously that hasn’t applied to you yet.
I wonder if the speed of my application application has anything to do with being in the same Region as the main processing centre Nantes ,maybe not as

1 Like

I have heard that other regions have been equally rapid

Unfortunately not the old Midi-Pyrénées :frowning: My dossier is still stuck at the centre régional d’immigration in Toulouse 11 months after the interview. I was told that there would be no problem with my dossier but that they are overwhelmed (not because of Brexit but the huge number of immigrants in general) and that things would take time. When I pointed out that I’d been here since 2005 and in regular employment since then, French other half, French kids etc. and that normally if you’ve been here over 10 years the dossier is “fast-tracked” (according to the government’s website) she said that “normally” that is the case but that I’d have to be patient, very patient!

1 Like

I believe you always keep your maiden name on official documents in France. My driving licence says Curran, epouse Booth.

Helen
I haven’t yet applied for my French driving licence (waiting until Nantes starts to re accept applications)but I would be happy if both names were mentioned,I read in the Connexion that one lady received her permis recently, only in her maiden name which caused quite a few problems in the UK when trying to hire a car as the name on her passport did not tally .
To be honest if my Carte D’Identité mentions both names I’ll be happy but it is the fact that I am divorced that it causing me some doubt(In France I had to have my husband’s permission to keep my married name and this is mentioned on the divorce documents,)
If I have to revert back to maiden name,no huge problem I but I’ve had this surname for 30 years so have got used to it!

My daughter’s application for a French licence was accepted, but not via Nantes, about 4 weeks ago. She’s French, but passed her test in Glasgow. I didn’t realise Nantes did driving licences. I exchanged mine 30 years ago at the Prefecture. I know Nantes for ‘overseas’ births, marriages, deaths to French people.

Tacking this on to an old thread as just a small question to @an_droo @Norman_Clark and anyone else who has been through the process.

Do you recall on the application form how far back into history you went for listing your previous addresses and employers? I can probably remember 30 years, but a bit woolly before then!

I went right the way back to the start (1966), Jane. But the further back I went the "woolier the exactitude became. Same with jobs, and I’ve had dozens, I started with the month and year and ended giving just the year. I think I listed 25 different adresses. Hope that helps :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I’d better rustle up a sheep dog to find the missing wooly things then.

1 Like