British citizen wishing to escape to France

great to have info from someone in the know…

Please refrain from personal attacks.

2 Likes

Confusing -

https://www.erasmusplus.org.uk/brexit-update

1 Like

No confusion as far as I can see from that link… regarding funding it clearly says “are advised to continue” - doesn’t mean “have to” :thinking:

Is it ‘remoaner’ or ‘ramblings’ you object to Paul ? :grinning:

Like many things about Brexit.
Often, because the UK forgets that it’s not the only voice around the table.
The UK has voted against continuing full membership; it says it’ll continue “where it’s in the UK’s interests to do so” or some such formula; what message does that give out?
How is the rest of the EU likely to react to that message? Would they prefer to collaborate with fully committed, dependable partners in the scheme, or with an ambivalent partner who will graciously condescend to take part when it sees a benefit for itself?

I sincerely hope that the UK government do re engage in Erasmus+

Doesn’t say it’s frozen either. :wink:

https://www.erasmusplus.fr/penelope/brexit.php

1 Like

that is the UK talking and we have Vero who is in France and involved in Erasmus… I know whose info I would take at this moment in time. :roll_eyes: :relaxed:

Vero is telling is as it is here, now… what the future may hold… wait and see and having just read the fr link… it also makes it clear…just how up in the air things still are.

If Vero is correct then Johnson is lying here and should be held to account!!!

Ha ha… he says a lot of stuff… sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn’t… no-one holds him to account for his lies and deceit… mmmm … a bit trumpish perhaps… :crazy_face:

Now I find that very difficult to believe!

Is he moving his lips?

Johnson says what seems to be the best idea at the time, if ever there was someone for whom the advice “judge his deeds, not his words” was appropriate it is our incumbent PM.

Quashing the Erasmus amendment does not mean that we will no longer participate, it might even just have been a way of putting the Lib Dems in their place - but it does suggest Johnson wants the ability to cancel our involvement if he so chooses.

I think the timing of Brexit has hampered the decision on Erasmus participation as the current seven programme cycle ends this year.

Both. They contravene our T&C. Please remove your comment and desist from making personal comments in the future. Thanks.

1 Like

Bo Jo speak with forked tongue!

There are more diplomatic ways of expressing that sentiment.

1 Like

Caroline,

Éducation Nationale is recruiting. Don’t fear for that. We are in deficit of teachers in all matters.

To ease your job search burden I could put you across an on duty teacher of history - ex-student, now friend of mine . Please just ask !

1 Like

I just came across this on https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil.htm

“Les personnes déjà titulaires d’une carte de séjour permanent ayant été délivrée en leur ancienne qualité de citoyen de l’UE bénéficieront de plein droit de l’échange de ce document contre une carte de séjour permanent « accord de retrait ».”

Google translate gives this.

"Persons already holding a permanent residence card that has been issued in their former capacity as EU citizens will automatically benefit from the exchange of this document for a permanent withdrawal card “withdrawal agreement”. "

It could have been more specific if it had used the phrase, "… holding a permanent residence card that had been issued in their former capacity as a citizen elsewhere in the EU " [My italics.] I have read it as such.

If this is the case it has answered a question I have put to this forum and others but without reply, "Does residency elsewhere in the EU count towards or have any bearing on obtaining residency in FR? "

If anyone can confirm or refute my reading of this I would be most grateful.