Bubbles for Christmas

Mandy… . Buy what OH likes and you won’t go wrong…make sure you get plenty, then he can enjoy finishing it all up… hic :wink:

1 Like

Saumur has reasonably priced “bubbly” both brut (dry) and doux (sweeter).
With the turkey I would avoid “oak aged” reds or a heavy red (cahors, corbieres) a lighter red from the gamay or pinot noir grape could work.
Consider a dessert wine e.g. Monbazilac (serve at <10 C) to accompany Christmas pudding, or an Alsace (Gewürztraminer, Reisling, Sylvaner) but if you are also serving brandy butter, or creme anglais you might prefer a spirit: brandy, armagnac, whisky.
Your guests might bring a bottle!
The only real rule to obey is to serve at the recommended temperature in suitable glasses - large for water, smaller for wine and a flute if ypo do offer “bubbly”

Bon appetit

1 Like

Thanks for this. Will only be buying one type of wine and that has to be inexpensive. Sadly, the pennies are very tight.

You have highlighted something I haven’t even thought about and that’s wine glasses. Wine is rare in our house and I don’t have enough wine glasses (of any type) for everyone. Think I will ask them to bring their own!!