Burst water tank - Insurance claim.......I hope

You need to. Keep on at the insurance company, they are all the same the world over, and it’s illegal not to have household insurance in France unfortunately, I had the same problem 5 years ago, I had my water turned off for 3 days until the insurance finally sent out an expert, happily he was a nice chap and it got sorted eventually, although I did have to pay 100 euros out of my own pocket, totally unreasonable but hey ho, such is life in france.
Ps, never get household insurance from the Banque Postale, it’s just not worth having

1 Like

I should know more after the assessor visits this Thursday morning, keeping everything crossed.

1 Like

Good luck, I hope you get the result you are looking for. :+1:

A little update. I’m stressed out with this, MMA is the agency handling this, their level of service is nothing short of appalling, A fluent French speaking friend is chasing this and making slow progress, emails and phone calls to MMA go unanswered. Their customer portal is a complete waste of time.
Considering the incident was reported on January 2nd, the assessor visit was on 13th, a builder will visit 15th February to review.
I feel so helpless since I’m not fluent in French language enough to challenge them, which is probably a good thing given my lack of patience.
Anyway that’s where we are, frustrated to the max. :confounded:

Maybe worth posting on their Facebook page?

Bonjour,

Je reviens vers vous dans le cadre de votre dossier référencé.

Je relance ce jour le cabinet d’expertise.

Cordialement,
:roll_eyes:

Funny how the length of text seems to miraculously increase if your being sold something, yet decrease if your claiming for something :smiley: customer service moves in mysterious ways :smiley:

1 Like

Would anyone know how to get a directors email address for a French company (MMA), since their service levels are so appalling I’d love to share my experience with someone further up the food chain.

I’ve found that a letter to Head Office and addressed to someone high up (Chairman/Managing Director ), sent by Recorded Delivery, can bring surprisingly good results. :+1:

1 Like

There you are: Google is your friend.
https://www.societe.com/societe/mma-iard-assurances-mutuelles-775652126.html

1 Like

Big thanks , :smiley: Thierry DEREZ is Chairman of the Board of Directors, Paul ESMEIN is Managing Director and Eric LECUYER is Deputy Managing Director of MMA IARD ASSURANCES MUTUELLES.

For 6.90 I can buy the full report, that’s got to be worth a punt.

2 Likes

MMA were the numpties that messed up my insurance claim, obstructive idiots.

100% agree. They haven’t a cat in hell’s chance of me renewing my policy at the end of 2022.

Looks like I could be in with a shout if i can locate the email address for:-

I recommend a formal letter. Avis recommandé. An email is much easier to ignore and will be lost among all the garbage that comes in these days. Will never get past the IT department.
Certainly a letter worked for me to the CEO of Orange.

2 Likes

I agree, just need to locate his office address then, I’ll keep looking. Meanwhile I’ll check LinkedIn too, maybe I can get a msg to a few senior managers that way.

1 Like

An address in Le Mans is in the webpage I linked you to.

Also: Siege Social here:

https://www.business-directory.fr/sites/mma-siege-social-adresse-et-contact/

1 Like

Thanks Sue, meanwhile I’ve made a little bit of progress via LinkedIn (I don’t do FB) with two senior managers claiming they will forward my complaint to the complaints Team :roll_eyes:

This chap promised the complaints Team would follow-up, let’s see.

1 Like

Good luck!

I have question slightly different but hot water tank and insurance related.

Just over 3 weeks ago our electric water heater started to leak from the top and the bottom. Pretty sure it was on its last legs I called into the local plumbers and was estimated a visit for that evening.

That was exactly 3 weeks ago and no-one has been near, so I requested another one online and he came this morning. It is indeed knackered and I asked if he could therefore fit a similar new one that I bought for €165 in Leroy-Merlin while in Perigueux last week. He said no because his insurance wouldn’t cover him for one I have bought. Strange, because I bought the current one and a plumber fitted it no bother.

Just wondered if he has a point or if he is trying it on to sell one he has an arrangement with. I will study his quote in due course and see what he comes up with though.