CA ATM fees

Bad news for me then, if it catches on, only a bog standard mobile here, just calls and texts. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Me too, David! However, I shall be VERY much surprised if that becomes in any way compulsory for similar reasons that the smaller market traders don’t take cards. There’s quite an overhead on the things for the vendor…

I don’t know Karen. I’d guess so, but we’re a family Apple fanboys/girls :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I just moved to an iPhone because ESIMs are now available. Beforehand I needed an Android phone with two physical SIMs. I had a OnePlus for around 4 years and it was a fine phone, though it had just stared to clap out, screen delaminating, etc. I got an iPhone mini which is just what I need, small enough to slip into any pocket. But what impresses me the most is it’s degree of integration with my iPad and laptop. I clicked on a link in an email on the laptop last night and the associated card was immediately available in my iPhone wallet. Magic.

Barter is the only solution.

I like to draw an amount from my Nationwide account for the monthly outgoings. I prefer to pay cash and do not carry a card since the time my daughter had her card skimmed while it was still in her handbag and the bank did not wish her to report it to the police. She then asked CA to issue her with a new card and took off the pay without pin. If we do not use cash we will loose it to digital banking and having seen the way that banks operate here I would not want that.

Just as an aside, keeping your cards in e.g. a foil packet can stop them being “read” externally.

However, I completely agree with you on the cash front :smiley:

I would not want to carry cash around, too easy to be mugged or pickpocketed.

I am content that my phone informs me instantly of any transaction on my bank account. I would be aware of an issue and could cancel cards immediately without even needing to speak to the bank.

1 Like

I don’t think I have used cash in the last 3 years.

It’s absolutely essential if you go to local markets or support small-scale traders

Cash, chequebook and debit card… I use all 3 regularly.

I pay the baker with cash, the epicerie with a cheque and I use my debit card at the supermarket/petrolpump

Not here as all our local shops take card payments.

Even markets?

Since our little local supermarket had an “outage” day… when their card-readers refused to work… everyone carries chequebook and/or cash… when heading in their direction…

It was a chaotic 24 hours… and it affected the pumps as well…

Given the ever scattier nature of my mind, I always carry cash and a chequebook with me. It’s a result of finding that the card I mainly use was stuffed into the pocket of the coat I was wearing yesterday… :roll_eyes:

OH does the markets, I’m usually to busy :yum::wink:

1 Like