Cancer success

Hum. I’d like to see more work on that. Imagine if an error in the targeting was made, or it got out of control

That is not what these treatments do.

Cancer cells “trick” the immune system into ignoring them by sending a signal which stops your immune system from attacking them, the treatment blocks that signal.

It’s quite interesting, but it is not “re-energising the immune system to fight off what modern living has done to it”.

It’s more “lifting the immune invisibility cloak that some cancers use to evade detection”.

6 Likes

Don’t get me started. I think the UK kept on with mercury due to cost. Whereas other places like Switzerland have had it banned many years.

Or…fluoridating tap water. I read somewhere a big reason for doing it in the first place was to get rid of fluoride from industrial processing

That relates to cancers turning off the autophagy process that would normally attack rogue cells?

It was one of the doctors who said it boosted the immune system, so you can see where I drew the conclusion from.

Autophagy doesn’t work like that either - the clue is “auto”, it’s a process which cells do to themselves - though AIUI cancers need to “disable” it to grow.

I think doctors tend to use explanations like that which are sort-of correct and avoid having to have patients spend five years at med school before they can understand their treatments :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As much as I not a fan, it did seem to cut down on tooth decay, the kids today eat much more sugar than we did but their teeth are quite good, except for the cola drinkers.

Saved a few lives though keeping the water sanitised

1 Like

Badly written by me. I know how it works.

1 Like

Thanks BB - I didn’t want to go there.

Well, it’s clear that I don’t understand one word in five of what you boys are talking about… :wink: but if there are trials and investigations going-on… all well and good.
Obviously, we’ll wait for properly supported claims… before whooping for joy… but the fact that money is being spent trying to find answers/treatments… that’s a fair start.

I read a more detailed report that explained the treatment has been used in helping skin cancer patients but not used on the rectal cancer and attaches to the cancer cells making them visable to our immune systems.