Carte de sejour query

The latest french government policy document for" No Deal", gives UK residents a year from the exit date to apply for registration; so there would appear to be time to complete the acquisition of the Irish passport .

1 Like

Hey Anne my TVs is 9n the 5 March . Betting something will be missing lol :joy:

Now that’s the news I wanted to hear, have you got a link to that?

EDITED: I’ve posted the c orrect link further down the page…
:thinking:
sorry to get it wrong on this post… oooops

Useful. Are the details about applying before 31st December applicable in France too?

Sorry David… I seem to have copied the wrong link…
This should do the trick… lots to wander through… but we in France, will be better off (slightly) than those in Luxembourg

70 sheets! I’m impressed, my application for french nationality had less than that!

That’s the sort of thing I’ve been looking for. Many thanks. I think we’ll sit tight and wait for the Irish passport to come through. Worst comes to worst in a no deal, we can always apply for a CDS as a spouse of an EU citizen.

Up early and feeling chipper so I’m buzzing off to St Lo to beard the lions in the Préfecture about our nine-month-old CdS application which seems to have sunk without trace. We got no receipt, no letter, no email, no phone call, but it would be good to get some idea of the state of affairs before March 29, when we all descend into the rings of hell to get our scalps gnawed off (look it up). :face_with_head_bandage:

So it’s High Noon in La Manche today, or rather Low Grey Dawn in the Cotentin peninsula. I will report back when I get home…:house_with_garden::back::+1::tea:

Perigueux never have ant rdv’s on their site and someone said on a fb forum that they are not giving rdv’s now until after Brexit. Not sure if this is true.

This is one of the worst points of the whole system.
You are put through a significant amount of work and there is no recognition that they have actually received your application.
That and the differing requirements found in Prefectures makes the whole process a lottery.

The latest ordinance, enacted yesterday, relating to residency and work administrative obligations fro British citizens after Brexit is available here

If we’re relating experiences with the Prefecture, my wife and I queued up at the Prefecture du Puy de Dôme for 45 minutes to file our papers for respective residency cards (me : permanent, her : long stay EU), only to be told at the “Pré-accueil” that we need to file them by post ! So we did, via LRAR. We shall see what comes of it.

makes interesting reading… I worked through it last night… phew… :thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

and this morning I clicked onto the “version en vigeur au 8 fevrier” :sunglasses:

Indeed. I will need to consult my accountant and HR advisor on matters related to my business and employment law.

UK citizens who are shareholders or partners in profesionnally regulated activities (architects, accountants, etc) will need to determine whether and to what extent they are affected by the new rules that will govern ownership, shareholder participation and share majorities.

Anyone who has a UK professional qualification that they use for their activity in France also needs to check whether or not they are required to have that qualification officially recognised in France. This applies not just to UK citizens, but any citizen of the EU or EEA or Switzerland that have obtained a UK professional qualification and is using that in France to work.

and they will end up playing tit-for-tat … France… and the other EU countries… :roll_eyes: when it is clear what UK will offer to its immigrants…:zipper_mouth_face:

This might help those, like me, who are not fluent in French legalize:

yes, it gives a rough outline…

just a note… they are talking about the deal offered on 6th Feb and it has already been modified… (8th Feb)… but, whatever, for those who are legally here keep calm…and follow the Fr Gov advice… for those who are not yet legally here… get on with it…:zipper_mouth_face:

Well we got our Titre de Sejour cards, apparantly they’ve been waiting for us to collect them but they didn’t tell us they were ready. :roll_eyes:

As mine is only valid for seven weeks if we go over the Brexit falls without a barrel, I hope someone asks to see it before 30 March dawns, otherwise It will expire in a virgin state. :cry:

Hi Peter… I would feel somewhat comforted to have got the CdS even with a short lifespan…

Incidentally, I think I read somewhere that one needs to Renew “before” the expiry date, otherwise there is a fee to pay… just something to bear in mind (renewal is straightforward and free, if you have the unexpired card). :relaxed::relaxed: