Central heating

We began letting our UK house this year and were sent a copy of the inventory. I was surprised that the carbon monoxide detector hadn’t been checked with smoke alarms until I saw ‘solid fuel appliances - none’
There’s a bright red woodburner in the living room!

2 Likes

You are required to have one now, but they are not that expensive

They don’t include peoples swimming pools either and they can be the highest consumer of energy even compared to a house. If they did that on mine or my customers they would find the energy consumed so low compared to a standard setup.

Yes, I know that, but they are totally useless if they don’t get it right.
The report when we bought our property showed that there was no lead plumbing.
It is illegal to install lead piping, so why on earth do we have to have a new report.
Unless, of course, it is to keep more people in totally unnecessary jobs to keep the unemployment figures down.
Before I am shouted down, I do know that lead is not the only thing shown in the report .

fioulreduc is a price comparison site, which also rewards you for ordering as a group:
En moyenne 25 € d’économie par personne par rapport à une commande individuelle.

100€ de bons cadeaux

100 € de bons cadeaux offerts à l’organisateur de la commande groupée.

The man who did my diagnostic report went through all energy receipts for the past five years, so I would guess that should be standard procedure and produce accurate results…

Price I paid for fioul was €1.03/litre for an April delivery.

If consumption’s anything like the propane system we had in Italy for heat/cooking/water, in summer it’s negligible…in winter it might actually be cheaper to burn money.

Little confused on your winter consumption of burning money comment… I just paid £1.58 a litre of kerosene central heating/hot water/cooking (Rayburn) only option were I live no gas. LPG even more expensive. Min order 500 litres, lasts under 2 months, on a timer once a day/ 3 hours in Spring and try to keep below 5 in Winter.

Ouchy,ouch! Last delivery of fioul was 0.94€ for superior. Maybe it’s quantity as our tank takes 3000 litres, and we get group orders with neighbours so have a complete tanker.

I know. I have a 2500 tank and have been a member of our local Oil club to get a lower price since 2011 when it started. If I wasn’t the price is currently £1.62, Just read headline news that energy prices are in for another hike, up to £362.00 annual…….need to get out before I get swallowed up or frozen in time !!