CFR Free Mobile

Hi Jessica

I have exactly the same situation, what happened with those emails? are they still contacting you?

I paid the large sums but have stopped paying since theyā€™ve been chasing just a few euros here and there. I blocked the emails and havenā€™t had any other contact!

Hey! What was the outcome of your situation? I am going through a similar situation and I do not know what to do. I got a SIM just for a month for like 20 euro. When I got back home they sent me an email confirming me the cancellation. But the restarted charging a 50 euro debt for which they are not answering emails to explain the origin. I now got an email from CFR saying that if I do not pay they are going to sue.

Hey! What was the outcome of your situation? As I explained in the above comment I am going through a similar situation and it would be super insightful to know how you solved it. Thanks!

Hi! I paid the big sums of money but then they kept asking for more and more so I just blocked the emails and havenā€™t thought about it sinceā€¦

Something seems to be not matching up here.

What were the tā€™s and cā€™s provided with the card?

Iā€™ve recently screenshotted a promo the day I signed up for it with another network To cut a long story short the paper they enclosed with the SIM didnā€™t mention as included a key item on the promo Iā€™d kept a copy of

I called them immediately and was strongly assured yes those particular calls are in my forfait. Iā€™m not happy about not having it in writing but Iā€™ll test it and check the first bill carefully. I didnā€™t bother recording the call and not too happy they canā€™t provide written confirmation. But will go with it as itā€™s low cost and no notice to cancel.

I know Iā€™ve made a risky decision to trust a verbal assurance as (1) the French mobile telecoms industry I wouldnā€™t trust as far as I cod throw them and (2) fair dealings with the consumer seem often absent and hard to get in France. In particular my experience with Free is that they are sbsolute b*stards.

Can you approach any consumer help service or maybe Que Choisir who have either a 15 euro membership scheme or a subscription to their magazine would give you an advice line?

I have a real gut feeling that 140 euros was not even due in the first place and that someone who knows the key phrases referring to the right ā€œloiā€ and ā€œdecretā€ might stop thrm in their tracks and perhaps even force a refund.