Chambre d'hôtes

I really do not like mountains!!!!

That's what we did! Wanted mountains - Pyrenees too far from te UK (elderly parents etc etc), Alps too expensive, Massif Centrale felt too isolated, came on holiday to Alsace and fell in love with the Vosges - and ended up this side rather than the Alsace side because you get an awful lot more house for your money!

France is so big....

It will take you forever....is that the idea...to go on many, many holidays

until eventually?

If I’m saying Alps and Mediterranean Sea and then a really good deal appears in the Vosges or near Paris, can I go for it or leave it because weren’t my first choices? I don’t know yet, I prefer not to focus on one piece. Ever heard story like “we always thought that would be our place, then one day, driving back to UK, we saw a little village and was love at first sight…”?

How lovely - that narrows it down.

So you have the choice of 1 ocean and 1 sea - the Atlantic (about 1700km of coastline including the English Channel) and the Mediterranean (again roughly 1700km of coastline including Corsica).

As for mountains - there are 7 main Ranges - Alps, Pyrenees, Massif Central, Jura, Vosges, Morvan Massif and of course, Corsica.

Any preferences?

By the sea or the mountains.

There you are Luca!! For one awful moment I thought you had disappeared! :-)

Anyway - after looking at the info sent to you - which areas of France appeal to you the most for setting up your business and living your new life?

I’ve just asked informations and advice. Have I ever asked for personal details? I opened this topic just to save me the time looking for businesses for sale. To be honest I’ve spent the time looking the PM with the link of the adverts…

Absolutely!

Every one is a stranger before they become a friend.

By being part of this Forum you are opening up...like a book.

No, not really! If you were a contentious so-and-so, you could argue that posting on a public forum has its risks ...... ;)

Nothing to worry about then Fiona :-)

Well I did google the name before sending anything and nothing untoward came up ....... However, it is all in the public domain anyway and I do have mega security and awareness of potential hacking/phishing (in part thanks to OH's job, and mainly not being a complete airhead!)

Still amazes me how some people so willingly give out information about themselves and their lives - to complete strangers.....

Thought exactly the same. The words 'General' and 'Nigeria' came to mind!!

Has anybody seen Luca ???? Just sayin.......:-)

Have sent you the link via pm .....

Yes I agree totally that the work and the lifestyle of ch d hote is not easy...

And the income, will rarely support a couple without an extra form of income.

There really are so many what I call ordinary b and b s all over France.

I came from the restaurant business so I know about the hard work, dealing with

clients and setting things up to keep everyone happy.

But we chose a niche market....spent money to create it and it works.

But we own a small piece of Hyde Park so to speak, pool and splendid large

rooms and what sits inside the rooms seems to delight our

clients. This years clients were especially nice. I never stand still .....or

turn off the ideas dept ....I have extra activities for my clients....tried and tested.

So you need money, energy and to aware of your market.

I have established a good relationship with my main agents....and have watched

them grow from an idea to an award winning company.

Sadly....not even I can work forever.

When we downsize....we may well stay in the area....it is glorious.

yes...

Peter that is the case.

But may I point out that hotels charge for breakfast.

I've sent a request to friend you and will pm you