Chestnut Stuffing

There is a chap in Ste Foy about every 2 weeks. They are very good.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Product-service/place2plaice/posts/

he will be there on the 11th jan
Do you know about the thai truck which is near Le Clerc on wed it is good
11,30 to about 1,30

Remember to throw your chestnuts, if you forage them, in a bucket of water. Bad ones float, good ones sink.

My neighbour has a chestnut plantation and he QC’s a van load every day!

2 Likes

Well I gave this a try, adding coarsely chopped apricots too. They added a little tartness that helped lift the flavour, and the dryer version cooked outside the turkey tasted best to me.

1 Like

I’ve never thought of adding apricots, but I’ll give that a try!

1 Like

apricots are also delicious when covered in really dark chocolate…

2 Likes

Lidl had some at a good price, so I have a large glass jar and a bottle of Tesco brandy waiting to be combined with the apricots that remain. :slight_smile:

I love Austrian apricot brandy (and also have a soft spot for Stroh 80, but that’s another story).

My wife who loves me dearly, made marzipan balls covered in chocolate for me this Christmas. It’s a treat she does for birthdays and special occasions like this, but this time they were made with brandy-marzipan, and are simply amazing.

2 Likes

Ah… I’m not a lover of marzipan, so I’ll leave that to you…
but I do approve of apricots in brandy (or anything)

A few prunes are still nestling in a jar of 2003 Monbazillac… we eat the others on Xmas Day with the foie gras… magnificent.

1 Like

Well, I made it and it was lovely.

The key ingredients were an onion, fried; 70g Brussels pate, 70g breadcrumbs, 100g chestnuts, a few bits of smoked lardons and an egg. Next time I might add some chopped apricots and use Ardennes pate (as the recipe said). Though prunes is a definite possibility.

1 Like