Chirac vindicated?

@ Andrew. Can I please refer you to our netiquette policy. Please make sure you read it and adhere to it. Thank you.

If you read my post carefully you will see I called nobody stupid. Engage brain please mate before posting!

Yes. Yes. No, you accused me of being offensive for not agreeing. I am saying the views expressed by your chums were done so in a way I found offensive. Disagreeing is not often nice. You were hardly diplomatic in the way you disagreed with my views mate!

People have the right to opinions, memories are simply what they are which is often imperfect but how can they be offensive? However, calling people stupid is hardly nice. Since you also show your disagreement with the tenor of the post would it not help if you explained why Chirac is a 'ghastly man, wrong then and wrong now'?

Sorry Brian I had not read above and realise you are the poster with the juvenile Bliar post. Enough said really if that is the level of your intellectual analysis, what hope is there really for any kind of intelligent debate on this site rather than cartoonish jibberish.

Thank you Brian.

The fact I find these idiotic posts offensive clearly does not matter. Are they views you share so they are OK?

By Your response I am to understand that it is thought intellectually rigorous on this site to say you have no memory of what you are talking about, to write a list of things which are factually incorrect and then conclude with nonsense. That is OK, yet to point it out is not?

Hmmm.

You are in the running for the personally most offensive post yourself. Take it easy will you, just because you are of another mind does not make anybody else stupid or anything else.

No, ghastly man, wrong then and wrong now.

The fact you agree with everything but can't remember the detail says everything. You win this weeks most stupid post award.

I agree with everything you've all written. I can't remember the detail, but I do remember a speech made by Chirac, or a message he sent to the UK parliament, that was misinterpreted by the British. I also remember a 2 hour investigation on Channel 2 here just before the invasion. They had Kissenger on a video link and asked him - what is the plan for post war Iraq - he had no answer. It still all makes me feel so sick. Apoloogy? I think Bliar should spend the rest of his life in sackcloth and ashes. - so should Bush and Rumsfeld and all.

Don't fanny about, Veronique.... tell us what you REALLY think! xxx

It is not just the coincidence of spelling that led to Blair being known as Bliar. He swallowed the Bush administration's CIA generated intelligence and ran open eyed into a conflict that made arms manufacturers a fortune. I went to Kurdish Iraq during the war and again after in 2005, even at the time of the first trip international NGO personnel said it had all been a set up job. The USA has been without conflict on home soil since the American Civil War of 1861-65; perhaps Pearl harbour in 1941 counts and, lest I appear to forget, massive slaughter up until 1924 in the so-called American Indian Wars. But after the Mexican American War finished in 1848 no international wars there. Yet now, 2015, there are US troops pro-actively stationed in nearly 150 of the 198 nations in this world, if only a small training or intelligence group. They are dependent on war, their budget is about $640bn this year with orders in something like 94 countries. They care not a jot about the morals. Blair bought their dubious CIA intelligence and went along with Bush. Chirac, de Villepin and Annan are vindicated for all of their words and actions ', Bush and Blair are conspiring war criminals, end of story. Sure France has cashed in, but there was so much damage done that the USA had done but did not want to pick up the bill mending that other nations naturally climbed in. One day the truth will out, but for a long time the suspicion has simply been that Saddam was changing sides and the west wanted the oil more than they wanted to see it go east. I'll buy that, it sounds true to US style. Sure Chirac deserves an apology, without reservation, so too de Villepin and Annan deserve that part of their role in history revised to what it really was, declaring the Iraq War illegal.

1 Like

Blair is ghastly and I'd rather be a cheese-eating surrender monkey than have gone bumsucking to the USA in this particular instance. Chirac was splendid and sensible. (But before you all jump on me howling 1914, 1939, yes I will be jolly grateful to the Yanks should they choose to help us when & if the yellow peril/slav hordes/Islamic wave come sweeping over us).

1 Like