Climate/ecological breakdown

The oilco’s have been doing that for a very long while already

1 Like

And they seem to get slated for it.

Important response by Fairlie himself in The Guardian today. I’m with Fairlie on this: the priority is going organic rather than vegan…

Now this is interesting - an algae based photovoltaic cell supplying useful amounts of electricity.

2 Likes

Then you will love the urine battery.

1 Like

They’re taking the piss!

Sorry.

I’ll get my coat.

8 Likes

Someone taking the pee?

3 Likes

No good in an EV, too much hum

not good for a hummer then image

You hum it, i’ll play it!

1 Like

This has to be the right way to recharge electric cars, but I rather think we’re stuck with Tesla’s equivalent VHS now instead of the much better Betamax model.

One of the reasons I won’t be buying an electric car any time soon , VHS / Betamax arguement

It will come.
So far everything suggests electric cars have a much longer life than thermic - all except for the battery.

I hope so. It solves all the range anxiety issues at a stroke.

You dont have to battery swap, its an option. You can just recharge as normal. Recording standards do not ckme in to it.

Range anxiety is really infrastructure anxiety. People simply do not often travel the distance they imagine they do. Once or twice a year they may but again stopping for a short time every 2.5 hours is good for comfort and attention.

1 Like

People who appear to have a vested interest in EVs keep telling ordinary people that range anxiety is a figment of their imagination, and that stopping to recharge is better for them. This eliminates a poor design choice , possibly also caused by a vested interest, and makes EVs as practical as IC vehicles. In addition spare battery capacity could be used in the way that’s been discussed to buffer production from wind and solar. What’s not to like?

Falling asleep at the wheel, even microsleeps are dangerous, attention spans are improved by stops.
No disclosures and no vested interests other than the future of the planet.
The ordinary people were surveyed and charging station infrastructure has taken over from range anxiety. The range anxiety stems from early Nissan leaf days etc. Women are far more likely to realise the actual driving distances than men who have ego issues.

EURACTIV: Netherlands to ban fossil heating from 2026, make heat pumps mandatory.

1 Like