Climate/ecological breakdown

They were reported to be concerned for the personal safety of their representatives, which may be understandable in the circumstances.

Nasty stuff.

I wouldn’t be too happy with the folks who just made my town uninhabitable either.

2 Likes

The lack of ‘blue gold’ this winter is worrying. Here in the fruit belt area of Provence it is a regular topic of concern.

A large fruit farm just built a huge climate controlled greenhouse system. I am not sure all the farming families can follow suit. It is very sad because already a challenging life and with the youth understandably defecting to the cities. It is very real here.

I just heard live on radio the judge’s summation at the Birmingham court trial for trespass of a group of young climate protesters

A very upstanding judge!

The law is written and trespass is a crime but the judge has gone in record basically saying justice is not the same as the law and exonerating the young climate defenders of malevolent intent. A brave move by an enlightened judge. Rare.

2 Likes

2 Likes

There is no good news here

Another nail in our collective coffins…

Do you expect me to talk, no Mr weed I expect you to die.

2 Likes

New episode of Clarkson’s farm? :wink:

1 Like

Greed and opportunity are definitely a challenge to ecological protection

Man will do what man can

An article making a very good point. Are we indeed letting an obsession with LLM and chatbots distract us from the major and urgent subjects we should be focussing on?

Are we being hysterical about Stochastic Parrots while the world burns?

:parrot:

The link to Tim Harford’s piece also offers an excellent read. “People go mad in crowds”. Indeed!

What’s the likelihood of aerogel getting cheaper?

Given time, you can buy it bonded to plasterboard already, same as doublage in france. I am using around window reveals at the moment, well in a week or so. Bought mine off ebay.

Most important part is stopping drafts and an air test, that should be the minimum std for a house energy cert as you can have 300mm of insulation fitted badly to a leaky home and you’ll get top marks on the EPC but the house will still be cold.

Aerogel looks interesting.

I am wondering, has the chemical composition been tested for fire retardancy and crucially, now considering air risk, for decomposition emissions over the long term?

I gather asbestos was popular once.

Yes and some.

1 Like

Good grief.

If you can get iPlayer, make sure you watch the “missing” episode, & tell others to do so too.

2 Likes

Let’s hope that the one person on the planet the BBC can’t get away with deplatforming is David Attenborough, though support for Lineker has been widespread (and welcome).

2 Likes