Colonoscopy

I am not allowed any alchol for three days prior to the procedure! Herbal teas for me then - but not the red ones :wink:

Eeek. I thought that there would a gown involved. Can you choose a colour to match the slippers :wink:

1 Like

I have my list of things that I am allowed and not allowed eat. Plain rice with herbals teas should see me right :slight_smile:

Wow. Pleased to hear that he is still here Ellie! I wish him a swift recovery period :slight_smile:

As part of the online process I have had to book a room to recover, and it comes with breakfast included in the price :wink:

What! So unfair. I had to plead to even get a coffee with lunch
 Jeez, and this is France. As for individually packed madeleines. Hors de question, Monsieur

It’s clear I had an unusual hospital experience.

So, we are both Kiwi imports then. Interesting way to meet someone!

This a rather large hospital, so I would imagine they have a good sized kitchen to cater for the number of patients: Clinique Saint Jean - Sud de France - Cap santé

Although, if breakfast turns out to be just mush on a plate, there is a McDonalds across the road for me to sprint madly over to. Oh, thinking about it, I doubt I shall be doing much sprinting for at least a week :slight_smile: Of course, naturally one has to ask will I be able to ride a horse, play tennis and take up skiiing after the op! Cheers - Steve

Ah mush in a box :joy:

1 Like

Each to their own, nothing wrong with a McDonald’s once in a while, I enjoy one occasionally.

You will hardly notice that you have had an intervention!

Maybe I might become fexible again and take up ballet, as I did when I was flexible ways back!

Saw a (great) film yesterday which included a number of dance styles that I didn’t really know. Including flexing. Amazingly rubbery.

Filet-O-Fish was always my go to with medium fries on the side. When we lived in Brussels before Brixit and Covid fucked everything up, they had this on their menu - Royal-O-Fish: “Her royal Majes-sea. Melt for the tasty breaded fish fillet, the crisp cucumber slices, the fresh lettuce, and the unique tartare sauce. Can you hear the call of the sea?” I may not be able to resist slipping out of the bed and shimmering over the road :slight_smile:

I too like a very very occasionnel McD 2-3 times a year. Watch this from the 2 minute mark

Honestly, no worries, fingers in the nose - I’ve had 3 now since moving to France, they seem to get quicker and quicker - the worst bit is the pre-op clean out IMHO :scream:

Make sure you have someone come and pick you up or else have some other form of 3rd party transport, apparently one is not insured to drive a vehicle after coming out of a general anaesthetic

The pre-op meeting with the anaesthetist is to check your weight, that you’re not suffering from a dicky ticker, low/high blood pressure, or other general health issues that might have an impact on putting you under, or that you have some kind of known allergy to the anaesthetics.

Haha. I used to work at McDonalds in Timaru, when I was teenager. It was the best job going in that town

Nice to meet another Kiwi on the forum.

I think once in a life time is sufficently frequent. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

Some of us think the same about wine, coffee, couscous, spinach and any cheese with blue mould in it :wink:, they should all end up in the compost heap :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Well, that was fun to watch - thank you! For once in my life the bit that actually made me go “WTF” was the Simpsons Dad saying “Suck on Daddies surgar balls”! Not
normal

Oh my goodness me . I worked at McDonalds in Glenfied, North Shore, Auckland
for a week! Bitch of a Manager came at me on day six and I told her to “FUCK OFF”. Took my uniform off in front of her and the team and left in my singlet and boxer shorts. Thankfully, it was summer :slight_smile: Don’t Fuck With The Crawford has been my mantra ever since :slight_smile: