PPE in French hospitals

Does anybody know how the French hospitals are coping with the virus and do they have enough masks etc.

Hi John

I’ve moved your query to the Coronavirus category

check out the threads
 and, of course, there is loads in the Press

1 Like

Huge amount online
 in a nutshell in areas where there are big outbreaks like Mulhouse the hospitals are overwhelmed, in other areas it’s better.

This gives a picture department by department

2 Likes
1 Like

quote=“Mark_Rimmer, post:73, topic:29351”]
One bat finds shelter in a pig farm and drops a piece of banana, which is eaten by a pig.[/quote]

Is the increase in Coronavirus-themed threads exponential? Every new thread seems to spawn two more mutations. It’s driving me banana-dropping-bats. :banana::bat:

Shouldn’t we all be getting out more instead of staying at home writing comments, getting more and dysopnoeic and febrile?

Where is the Prime Minister in this hour of need?

2 Likes

NO - NO - NO stay indoors!

1 Like

See what I mean? Getting febrile! :face_with_thermometer: And breathless! :triumph:

Not as breathless as those that venture out may end up though Peter.

2 Likes

I wrote those misbegotten words in a mood of misplaced graveyard humour. I am being a good citizen, though I did take coffee and play a kitchen table game of Rummikube with my fellow octogenarian next door neighbour. He coughs, I sniffle. He won three rounds, though it was close.

We may go down together, but we shan’t infect anyone else. We are both resolved to resist any efforts to get us into hospital, let alone ICU. We have no-go attestations ready
 :hugs::scream:

More death in UK (563) yesterday than in France (509)- is this the first time this has happened?

Johnson blusters about 397,000,000 "individual items’ of Personal Protection Equupment being diverted to NHS staff.

That’s how many boxes of latex gloves containing 100 ‘individual gloves’ (fifty pairs) , or paper masks ditto, or boxes of antiseptic wipes ditto, or rolls of 50 individual plastic aprons ?

The man is lying through his teeth, but no-one is taking him to task.

I think the reluctance to test care workers is likely to be based on the large number of them who would test positive, and have to be withdrawn from service, leaving wards deserted. I can think of no other legitimate reason, all the rest is naked bluff, bluster and bollocks IMO.

1 Like

He knows no other way of existence - but still his approval rating climbs!

A couple of things Peter -

1. The government is getting a lot of stick from all sides about PPE.

2. They are desperate to test NHS staff as currently 125000 are self-isolating at home so they need them back a.s.a.p., problem is they’ve fucked up the testing system and can only do a few hundred a day.

1 Like

Yes the issue isn’t they would have to send staff home for testing positive, it’s they need to get staff who are negative back in and they have messed it up

As in "I don’t care if you are ill, it isn’t Covid so get back to work.

Or possibly - “you’ve had it, you’re immune, so stop complaining about the lack of PPE”

The issue is also the people having to isolate because of family members being ill although these family members may not have CV

Yes, I know but I’m not sure that they are testing family members (yet), besides the two comments were supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.

I’ll just expand this slightly. The phrase ‘cometh the hour cometh the man’ is very apt for this crisis, how Johnson and Trump handle the next few weeks will determine what happens with Brexit and the US presidential election and I can see a scenario where Brexit is put on hold for years and Trump is gone for good.

2 Likes

Worthy of note. We have tested considerably more people in UK for Covid than France and we are at least a week behind. I find it extraordinary that people have nothing better do do than criticize governments. Whether France or UK the situation was totally unprecedented and whether Macron or Johnson they’re doing a pretty good job. Let’s give them a break.

I will absolutely not give Johnson a break, the man is a buffoon, blustering his way through this completely out of his depth.

Just look to South Korea and even Germany to see how proper leadership successfully (as possible) treats this.

This morning I see that even The Telegraph has turned on him - now that is saying something.

If ever there was time for truth it is now - people can take the truth, but they simply cannot help themselves from continuous lying.

3 Likes