Covid vaccination questionnaire query

I’ve now had my first jag.
They would not even look at my form, but presented me with a new, far less detailed, form to fill in when I arrived.
Very French, very efficient, very friendly :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Excellent news @Brian_House
… well done.

Seconded! :clap:

As you say, they are all different. We had jabs in our left arms, I cannot sleep on my left side, but when it came to the 2nd one, we were told it had to be administered in the other one. Couldn’t have both jabs in the same arm. First jab no problem, 2nd jab a painful arm for a few days so very uncomfortable for sleeping.

I started to mention that I was on anticoagulants but was cut short and told that as my doctor had made the appointment, he knew what I was on. I’m still alive and my heart is still beating albeit a little irregularly now and then.

I had my Janssen jab yesterday at the pharmacy .I have no carte vitale but it was no problem.My appointment was at 9.00h and was playing golf by 10.00h.Only played 11 holes due to torrential rain.I was really surprised how unpainful the injection was .Suffered with a bit of a headache in the evening and feverish feeling but not too bad and today I feel fine,if you are fearful of the jab dont be its easy.
Trevor

Just the opposite for me . Was asked which arm I had first jab then second jab went into same arm.

Haven’t had the 2nd one yet, but we have always been asked ‘right handed or left handed?’ and have automatically received jabs (flu, etc) in the opposite arm. Makes no difference as far as I am concerned.

Anyone got any idea with getting a disabled person who will not leave their house a jab? Doctor cannot help as he does not keep jabs. Advised try a nurse but not sure how. Grateful for any help.
regards

In some areas the sapeur-pompiers are going out to people. Have you asked at the Mairie?

Thanks Angela, not tried the Marie as he is very unhelpful at all times!
regards

Oh dear - is there just him there or are there other people at the Mairie who might be more helpful?

It’s a small place & there is a very part time sec. Unfortunately she is no better!
Thanks anyway

In that case, it might be worth going into the Mairie of your nearest bigger village/town and asking there. I have found asking 2 different local mairies can give me more information!

That’s a great idea, I’ll try that next. Thanks again.

Ask the pharmacy? If it is a tiny place and pharmacy is not far away they might pop out and do it? Our pharmacy is hugely helpful, to the extent of being fined during first confinement because they delivered medicines to someone housebound and forgot their attestation!

1 Like

That’s a good idea, Jane!

Our medical centre has infirmières attached. They are mostly mobile and actually prefer to go to people’s homes. I got their number from the doctor’s receptionist. Pharmacies also have lists of various other local practitioners too.

Yes of course! How could I forget, ours are lovely! A real positive during confinement as they came here rather than me going to them (ours prefer us to go to them as they are paid by the intervention, so they can get through more work in situ - and the €/km don’t stack up. Especially on wiggly little roads, perhaps somewhere flat would be different)

All good advice, Mairies, Pharmacies, local cabinets which often have nurses attached who will come to your home if you have a prescription from the doctor. And of course Pompiers. Do you know any neighbours who are Pompiers, they are everywhere in rural France. I know that out neighbour who is/was one is always our first port of call in an emergency, he will simply call his mates, we don’t have to remember numbers. :slightly_smiling_face: