Credit Agricole/Axa

Try logging on to their website on a PC rather than a phone.

2 Likes

I find that extraordinary. Was it Thomas Buberl you wrote to? If I had received a reply like that I would not have left it. I worked as a consultant to the financial services sector in a previous life and brand image and reputation is vital to the major financial brands these days. Franchisees represent the brand and cannot be left to go their own way. Of course HO has control.

Not sure that’s the view in France though Sue.

Credit Agricole in particular seems to be a federation and I’m not even sure the French expect it to act as one entity.

I agree. But AXA is in a different league and has a much more international reputation to protect.

1 Like

Credit Agricole gave me a similar response when I complained about the treatment i was receiving from their Trebes branch.

I havent given up yet

1 Like

Thank you Plan to though wont have access to a PC for a while

I bet it was not a French financial service you worked for…?!

Some of them were. :slight_smile:

And an update. As mentioned, Bouygues have been charging me every month for the last 5 years for the sim for a mobile lost 4 years ago. Repeatedly e-mailing asking them to cancel and sending registered cancellation has been ignored. Bouygues only response when I asked the bank to stop paying was to increase the bill (initially by 50% then by 100%) then demand proof that I had sold my house (yes for a mobile SIM). They have now set the debt collector on me

Could the phone possibly have been found, and used, by someone for all that period?
Doesn’t excuse them not cancelling it though.

They are not fonctionnaires. Fonctionnaires are employed by the state.

4 Likes

Any recommendations for a legal representative. I am in Australia till May 2 then in Trebes (near Carcassonne) until September

Sorry, arriving here a few days late. But I recently had an experience with MACIF that was both similar and different. I moved the insurance of two motorbikes from Allianz to Macif. The insured party cannot cancel a policy unless they have disposed of the vehicle, Macif explained this to me and assured me it was their job to initiate the cancellation of the Allianz policies. A year and a half later I realised I was still paying for the insurance at Allianz as well as at Macif (we still had other insurances with Allianz so it was not immediately obvious, especially as an admin error at Allianz meant I was not receiving any paperwork from them.)

I went to Macif, they immediately admitted their error, cancelled their insurance, refunded me the insurance premiums I had paid them. Reinsured me at a discount and this time properly informed Allianz so the old insurances ceased. Fortunately there had been no claims to complicate things!

Mistakes happen, what Macif did that impressed me was to admit it and address it. Once the mistake is made you can’t ask for more.

1 Like

I understand mistakes happen (probably over my quota myself :grinning:). However Credit Agricole have admitted their error but refused to correct it.

And I have just been advised by EDF (note not by Credit Agricole) that my account has been closed. I have no idea what has happened to the few thousand I had in there nor what I do from here

Happy with annual payments but not aware you could do this with water and electricity. Could you explain in more detail please

The bank have now closed my account with no explanation as to why nor explanation of what will happen to the balance in my account or outstanding payments. I am in Australia until May so cannot change banks nor set up a new French one. I have contacted my phone company, internet provider and water and electricity suppliers explaining the circumstances and offering to pay via French credit card and am about to lurch into the likely morass that is Tax fonciere and habitation . I have lodged a complaint with the Insurance ombudsman. Is there a bank ombudsman. Thought i saw one mentioned but cant find it. Thank you

Tbh, if I had the ability to check the accuracy of the “hand holders” communications, why would I need a hand holder

No. Lost overboard in the main harbour in Angola. Unless fish are evolving very quickly

It is not legal to close a bank account without proper motivation in France and only possible after following a certain process which involves sending a registered letter + some emails. The fact that almost all providers around you seem to be doing mistakes whatever they are insurers, banks, cell phone companies, etc. makes me suspicious that there may be something more at work that we don’t know or understand on your file so I prefer to stop advising on the situation as I’m not certain I understand it fully.

There is indeed an ombudsman for the banking sector as well => Médiateur bancaire : comment y recourir ? | Service-public.fr

5 Likes

No, I wasn’t talking about annual payments but paying immediately a bill arrives, for the Electricity that is every 2 months, for the water I think 6 months etc… I realise with you being out of the country you can hardly wait for a bill to drop into your letter box, but if you are not consuming these things you must have a pretty good idea of these regular bills and could transfer in one way or another enough to cover them each time, ticking reminders in your diary to make sure you don’t miss them.

I give you one example. I have a Lloyds Bank credit card but no account with them. The monthly statement usually arrives around the 12th of the month and the minimum must be paid by the 19th, or there are penalties. One time it was delayed by Christmas mail and I missed the date, so now I have a reminder on my calendar to clear the account on the 12th of every month, whether the statement has arrived or not.

Take your point about Angola harbour, but are you sure there weren’t frogmen about? :wink: :rofl: