CT, headlights and fog lights

That was a failure for me with my UK car on it’s first CT. The bulb needed to be brighter. The only other failure was the headlights. I had them changed at a garage and asked specifically for EU headlights and was at the garage when the guy ordered them on the phone. Peugeot sent UK headlights instead, which he didn’t realise. When I took it back, he was incandescent and shouted down the phone at Peugeot :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. It all went OK in the end.

2 Likes

My S60 T5R from 2001 just needed the hole in the left-hand light unit breaking out, insert bulb and bobs yer uncle. The easy way is to drive up to a white wall and switch on the lights. Lift the bonnet and standing by each light unit move the switch across and watch the beam move. The same applies to the fog lights. you can adjust them to shine slightly to the right.

That would have saved me the €1,000 I spent for new LHD SL R129 headlamps back in the day. Nice to see some rules becoming a little more lenient rather then the usual tightening of the screw (no pun intended).

1 Like

Good news!

The RHD SLK has adjustable lamps… hurrah.

1 Like

So does my Aston Martin

1 Like

I’m thinking of acquiring an Aston myself.

It would go well with my lunar lander.

1 Like

On some “down” time from the RN, my son bought this

2 Likes