Current ADSL internet providers / offers

There used to be an announcement in French to the effect that the number was for Anglophone clients.

I’ve just rung the 0969… and a lady with a cheerful English voice prattled on … “We are currently…” whereupon I cut her off in case it was costing me money…

So… if you are in France… ring that number now… and get the "lovely lady… " :roll_eyes: :joy: :joy:

ah but @Stella if you had held on, the nice lady will have told you that they are now closed as they go home at 5pm (CET) :wink: and no, it wouldn’t have cost you money from within Metropolitan France…

fair enough Graham… I didn’t want to take the risk…
it already costs me money when friends ask me to contact them on their English mobiles… aaaargh… so I’m a bit twitchy with “unknown” numbers…

finances are finely tuned at the moment… with the exchange rate doing a limbo…

well yes @Stella anything English will cost you money :wink:
I think the same would apply if calling a French VOIP number from the UK if it’s outside your contract…

I know… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

and I am beginning to step back from folk who are not prepared to get a French sim card… it’s not rocket science… (I managed it, so it can’t be… :wink: :roll_eyes:)

Living in France and insisting on UK mobile… yuk…

1 Like

Will they lose the EU roaming rights come Brexshit which will cost them dear too :thinking:

We’ll see - it will come down to whether individual operators wish to continue offering roaming minutes in bundle as an incentive to join their network (which, in turn, will depend to an extent on what EU operators charge UK operators to handle the calls).

Cheapest Orange plan for new customers is e36.99 per month, which we’re not happy to pay so much, but they can set us up without a French mobile number.

We can’t sign up with a cheaper supplier like Sosh or RED as we don’t have a French mobile number to verify the account. Can anyone help and let us “use” their number for our application? How can we get a cheap pay as you go French SIM immediately?

most unwise IMO

LeClerc in shop
https://www.reglomobile.fr/offres/grille-forfaits.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAjw9vn4BRBaEiwAh0muDNfjgHlwBOTONV5LTww2kV4W89qEUDO-vDQ2CP5BkO5TlcJdIVcXjBoCaiQQAvD_BwE

Amazingly, managed to sign up to Sosh ADSL without a French mobile number - so hopefully there’ll be a router waiting for us in Proxi on the 5th August when we arrive (if we’re allowed to go depending on Covid outbreaks in France…) Anyone got any more local news for the Haut Var? Stu