Dangerous driving

If your ever at Le Mans again and need a stopover, keep me in mind and we have plenty of parking, it’s local to me :yum:

3 Likes

A few kilometres more for me but I’m looking forward to attending an event of some sort in due course.

Sorry to hear that Brian.

Maybe take it back and trade it in for an Eleven… :wink:

1 Like

lovely spot… many happy times there with pals from various countries… great memories.

Hmm… that’s useful to know :wink: :wink:

Anytime, we are here most of the year.

1 Like

BiLaw regularly brought a gaggle of pals from UK and we joined them to visit Mas du Clos (near Aubusson) a few times… over the years.
Great site, drove around the circuit, chatted with the owner… visited his private collection… picnicked in the sunshine and had a wonderful time.

so many happy memories surrounding so many lovely cars and circuits … :+1:

1 Like

Le Mans many moons ago.

c11-campsite-beausejour-04_310x230

3 Likes

We were never brave enough to camp at Le Mans… we knew a family in Le Mans centre and stayed with them… they “borrowed” a garage for our car… from a neighbour …
some of our Paris pals camped , with varied experiences :wink: :wink: most went to hotels on the outskirts.

I have done Le Mans and the classic for 43 years so I have done most permutations :yum::face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

this does seem a reasonable idea.

Does that mean within 5kph of the posted speed limit or 10kph given that there’s already a 5kph reduction to any radar speed indication?

The infringement remains the same as it is today !!! :wink: :wink:

It’s simply the “Licence Points thingy” which is affected by this change in the law.

So, basically a situation has been created where the speed limit for the wealthy is higher than the speed limit for the poor.

Not sure about that one :thinking:

1 Like

I’m not following your thoughts…

Nothing to do with wealth surely… the Fine is exactly as it was before… :wink: :wink:

I suspect his thing is that the points were a leveller, get too many and you lose your licence no matter how wealthy you are.
Now, the wealthy can, to an extent, ignore speed limits with impunity by simply paying, what is to them , a small fee.

1 Like

Ah… it’s only applies to this tiny excess of the regulated speed…

The article explains it possibly better than I am.

It’s certainly not saying that… :wink: :wink:

I’m afraid no one has told visitors to our village about speeding fines. Our Mairie, at no small expense, recently put up signs, embedded road markings and flashing kph signs in our village to make drivers aware of a 20kph speed limit.

Well, if drivers can read they’re not having any of it. If anything, now they speed up. Navigating ourselves and the dogs around the plane trees along Le Cour has become a Squid Game.

On the other hand, residents are very slow and patient. Most know us and we always wave to say merci.

It is - up to 10kph over the posted limit all you will get is a fine.

To the wealthy that is no more than an annoyance at best, basically it means “pay 130€ if you want to go faster”.

Yes, it’s only a small excess speed and certainly not the ability to “ignore speed limits with impunity” - but definitely introducing a differential based on ability to pay.

1 Like