Dead deer remains by the roadside

There are rules and there is reality, often the person finding the animal isn’t the driver of the vehicle ,because the animal can traval a long way on adrenaline and not be found easily.

the link above, outlines quite clearly what anyone should do, on finding a dead animal.
notify the authorities… who will deal with the matter.
Anyone who does not follow the rules… risks health problems as well as a Fine… it’s all clearly explained.

As I said the reality is quite different to the set of rules ,but as usual its a waste of time saying anything.

2 Likes

it’s surely not a waste of time, reflecting on the health risks etc involved… :+1:

Its not coming across as reflection,it’s coming across as these are the rules do as you are told.

My apologies if I’ve worded things badly.

1 Like

So was it you, Flocreen? you seem sensitive about this.

The rules seem to be in place for hygiene safety reasons. And possibly not to upset passing children.

And personally it’s strange the hunting season has just started, upping the odds this is a hunter not respecting rules which do sound sensible.

Of course it was me everytime that there is a carcasse at the side of the road its me.
The question remains how many dead animals are there that no one sees that rot naturally that keep the ecosystems turning over, legislation is for who or is it whom ,seems like a townie overreaction to me.

Given that our dog has an amazing nose, and is a greedy thing, I can confirm that there are a lot of carcasses in woodlands.

Our neighbours have got used to use dragging him back through the village with a rotting deer leg in his mouth. (They are precious things that he doesn’t give up lightly)

We found a half eaten deer carcass on a footpath recently, phoned the chasse who dispatched someone, who came and chucked it into the undergrowth :joy: . Which we coukd have done ourselves and was not what we wanted as will now have to avoid that path for 6 months.

1 Like