Disjoncteur Principal, Parafoudre and Tableau

I gave up getting someone local to install our brewery electrics, I believe they must have too much work on…
I have a supply installed by ENEDIS, by overhead cable, to the barn. Sadly, I do now have a Linky.
I am fine with cabling from the tableau to the equipment, and with provisioning three-phase as both 3P 400V and 3P+N 220V. Same goes for the lighting circuits and single phase sockets. All are protected by RCDs then suitable MCBs.
It seems that we must have a parafoudre device fitted, due to the cables run from the pylon to the barn. That has raised some questions…
There needs to be a distance of less than 50cm between the incoming supply to parafoudre then earth point. That must be the cabme length from a repartitioner to the devicr then the common earth borne in the tableau? Most tableaux are mounted more than 50cm above the floor so must be farther than that from the actual ground contact.
The parafoudre needs to be installed up stream of the disjoncteur principal. I am assuming that disjoncteur is the one at the bottom of the panel that ENEDIS installed? If so, then the parafoudre must be installed downstream?
That leads to my last question…Do I regard the disjoncteur diffrrential that ENEDIS have fitted as my disjoncteur principal, or do I need to replicate that in my own tableau?
I can probably work this out, eventually, by web researches. I am hoping someone may have some knowledge to assist.
I don’t think this one can be answered by the Mairie😉

1 Like

Ha ha… not the Mairie, but certainly an Electrician… :roll_eyes:

The box at the bottom of the photo you posted is indeed the Disjoncteur Principal that cuts all the power to your Tableau when the Test button is pressed. The recommendation is that the function of the Test button should be verified monthly, but I don’t think anyone actually bothers to do it that frequently.

The Disjoncteurs Differential that are fitted to the Tableau are more sensitive than the principal one fitted by Enedis that is a part of the Disjoncteur Principal.
So yes, you will need to fit them to the Tableau and they will be of Type A or Type AC according to the nature of the particular equipment connected to the specific circuits they protect.

Can’t help you with the Parafoudre as I have no experience of those.

1 Like

Thank you Robert.
I fair bit of hoogle and translate later, I beleive that I am going to need another “cut-off” device in the new tableau. It will be on the floor below, 3m lower than the ENEDIS board and 12m further along the wall. If I have understood what I have read, a tetrapolaire “interrupteur sectioneur” should suffice.
The new board is already quite full, it is a Kegrand Plexos that can be connected to another tableau. I am thinking of adding another one with an interrupteur sectioneur and the parafoudre. From what I have read the latter is mandatory for any electrical installation where any part of the supply is above ground. ENEDIS ran the cables direct from their pole to the side of the barn, so it seems I must add one.
The same pole feeds the house the same way. There is, however, no parafoudre in the house.

No doubt there are a different set of rules for commercial use as opposed to domestic.

Indeed, but those I cannot find. So I am basing this on a domestic installation. What in the above breaks those rules?

I’m just throwing this thought into the mix…

It might well be a good idea (or maybe essential) to have the electrics “signed-off” by a professional electrician (registered and insured).

In the event of a fire, your Insurers will be bound to ask the question about who did the electrics… :thinking:

Thanks Stella. That is my intention.
I will need to have it signed off by CONSUEL before I can approach EDF/Total/PlanetOui as my supplier, they will then get ENEDIS to make the final connection.
Before getting CONSUEL certification I am wanting to get someone in to sign off. It is hard work to get local businesses engaged with projects that take time. They seem to be booked up for over a year! A one day inspection is easier for them. Doing this oneself seems quite common; the ENEDIS site surveyor and their installation contractors suggested that. It is a means of getting the job done on time and in budget. Of course, they did say that it should be inspected and certified by a qualified electrician. I am just trying to sort out a few wrinkles.
It is a new electrical installation, but not in a building that is certified “urbanisation”. The installation is for an enterprise, trouble I am finding is that the world of infornation focusses on domestic, or large industrial. We are between the 2, the norm NF C 15-100 should not apply but it seems to me to make sense to work within those norms.
The cost of the tableau and the various firms of breakers has already broken the €1000 barrier. That was by buying from internet-based suppliers. Across the counter locally it would easily have been twice that amount. There is little consistency in pricing. One supplier has the board modules at twice the price of another. The pricing of the cables is reversed, the second supplier is twice the price of the first. For sockets and switchgear I have gone to a third supplier for similar reasons.
The cost of material savings have allowed us to get some nice shiney SS tables for preparation and packaging :laughing: