Do you say "Bon appétit"?

Just asked my step-son. He says the phrase is “Bah dis donc” and that it’s difficult to translate but means “oh wow” or “oh gosh”. Very useful to have a French person around!!

Ha ha… yes… but he’s a youngster… Mme C is 93 years old … I can’t imagine her saying “gosh” or “wow” to anything… she isn’t that cheerful… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sounds like it might be that Mandy ! My French friends are from various regions and sometimes they cannot understand the ‘local’ accents either. Made me laugh when at one time one of them muttered to me “do you know what x is saying” ? :wink:

1 Like

The local accent here in the Tarn is so strong that it can be really difficult to understand people. The gardien for our building is almost impossible to understand. I avoid speaking to him if I can otherwise I look stupid! Even my French friend from the North struggles to understand him and she has also asked me what he’s said before, just like your friend!

1 Like

here instead of mamon its mamang, if your cold you have to be careful as it sounds like your thirsty along with many other little things.

1 Like