Does colour blindness develop with age?

Coral going by the colour chart above.

Any advance on Coral? My own estimate veered towards salmon from peach, but not as far as coral. :wink:

Not salmon, more peach

Pink or fuchsia 4 me

That looks darker to me. I took the photos in full sun from 2 directions, I would say that the most accurate depiction is my 3rd one.

I have a top that colour and I call it coral pink. Fuchsia is more blue/purple pink.
It’s not orange! Coral pink is a very flattering colour for older people.

Colour naming is, by its very nature, a matter of interpretation and I believe that the French vocabulary dies not differentiate between colours in exactly the same way as English.

I wonder if @vero could help us to see things in their true colours? :wink:

2 Likes

I see what you did there. :wink: :joy:

Come on @vero the more the merrier. If nothing else, between us we may persuade Gill to go to the doctor. :rofl:

1 Like

Rose pink to me, almost Barbie pink or even Lady Penelope’s Rolls pink. Talking of colour blindness, my OH failed his RAF entry test because he was colour blind.

1 Like

I feel like running a book on this. So far we have
Pink (various) 3
Coral (various) 2
Peach 1

Pinks are wonderful!

It does look to me like Fran’s dress is pink.

Not orange. Not salmon, which is mid-way between pink and orange, more or less the cooked salmon. Peach colour is generally much paler than a real peach and coral can be anything except ‘angel skin coral’ which is a mere blush pink.

When I was working in Jermyn Street ling ago, one of the designers, naughty boy, had his own name for a rather pasty pale skin shade of pink. Began with P and ended with S. I’ll let you guess the rest. After a while we were all referring to it thus.

Precious. ? :thinking: :rofl:
Preposterous.

1 Like

For some they were both
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Won’t be seeing it in Wordle any time soon.

Nevertheless, that’s 4 for pink. :joy:
Actually 5 for pink, I fogot Fran’s vote. :blush:

Just thinking, during the time of Trump as president there would have been a POTUS Pink = orange.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Definitely NOT orange…

1 Like

Thank you, back to the pond, it’s hot here. :joy:

I think it’s coral pink :slightly_smiling_face:
So that makes 6.

That said ‘coral’ was very confusing for me as a child because the coral I knew in the Med was the red one. :coral:

1 Like

I’m refining my coral pink to Geraldine! Which is the name given to Pantone Fb867B

Colour is a very interesting subject (my husband’s speciality). We all say that grass is green but is that what any one person actually sees? It could be blue to some or yellow to others but we are taught it is green.

As an interesting fact, women see more colours than men !!!

1 Like