Door lintel replacement

The mason said it wasn’t serious, we actually have 2 lintels, one behind the other, one is fine , the other not so. It’s actually been like this for at least 15 years, so I’m hopeful that he’s right. And that if he thought otherwise he might be round tomorrow.

1 Like

Ah… that sounds reasonable and could also explain why the Mason feels ok to take his time.

Has this ever happened to you??

I know our Insurance Agent quite well and, if push came to shove, would ask for help locating a suitable Artisan … I can’t see why this would result in the reaction you suggest… but can understand reticence if a similar friendly-footing doesn’t exist :wink:

A job in Hackney, the tenant got their insurance involved. A couple of weeks delay and thats a predictable brick building. French masons know their stuff and wont want risk their insurance.

asking for a recommendation, is not quite the same thing … :wink:
(we might well be at cross-purposes… )

Ahh you mean for a recommendation of tradesperson :bulb:

1 Like

And it’s done. He emailed on Tuesday, came around, on time on Wednesday, did the job before lunch, had a chat about hostas, and off he toddled. Facture arrived next day. Well, I think I’ve found a good’un.

7 Likes