Drive a French registered RHD car?

Like many we have several cars. The only thing I dislike about driving the one that is RHD are the contemptuous stares that are ocassionally imparted…usually from ‘rough’ types.

What constitutes a “rough type”?, why would more of them, than ‘smooth types’ give you that impression?

:sunglasses::sweat_smile::wink: is it the car or your driving… ??? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grin::wink::wink::wink:

some folk forget to take the GB sticker off their car… and this can draw looks of amusement/despair from other Brits… but they are never “rough types”, of course :wink:

I drove my uk RHD for two years here…first on uk plates and then on French plates…In two years I never received any contemptuous stares from “rough types”…maybe they just saw me as a “rough type” too…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Impossible Helen :rofl: :+1:

But you don’t know what we have paid for it, do you Dave???
But we will (normally) not be considering selling it, for a lot longer than 2 years in any case. :slightly_smiling_face:

The person with the damaged RHD car wasn’t planning on selling it either, he hoped to keep it for a long time to come but the fact that his insurance company would repair a LHD car but not a RHD car of the same age and condition and age has put an end to that. I suppose I could tell him to put the insurance money towards a new Dacia but I doubt I will be able to post his reply.

Tis’ 'is choice Dave, but if he ‘bends’ his LHD French reg Dacia, it will be significantly more valuable, in France, than a RHD French reg car, that may be of interest to him. :slightly_smiling_face:

Valuable and Dacia in the same sentence. I think not! You have missed the point yet again. The insurance valuation on his RHD car is significantly higher on his car than you are (hopefully) paying for your Dacia.

Sounds a bit ‘snobbish’ Dave :rofl:, very, very ‘Sad Comment’, does this reveal a lot about yourself, perhaps?
The valuation on his RHD car is correct, in France, as, on our , (obviously, in your Very Sad opinion, inferior) LHD car be correct, in the event of a claim.
Enlightening post Dave :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

By ‘rough’ types I was referring to the sort that you see at EDL rallies and drinking in Wetherspoons. I realise that it is a rare occurence but was simply making a small contribution to the thread having been prompted by an experience in the Carrefour car park that very morning.

1 Like

I was just correcting you inaccurate post. You have chosen your car others make different choices, nothing odd about that, different people have different likes and expectations. This whole sad farce is based on your insistence that driving a RHD car is dangerous. That is your opinion, others, including those who actually drive those cars, is equally valid. I’m sorry you cannot be empathetic to someone who is being taken advantage of by an insurance company but your mind is made up so that’s that.

Ah!, forgive me, but what’s an EDL Rally? Heard about W’, but never visited one :slightly_smiling_face:

Spot on Dave, I stick by all I’ve said, I have driven RHD, here, in Spain and Portugal, my opinion on safety is based on simple, common sense Dave.

Re my choice of car, you have a ‘very unfortunate way’ of expressing your opinion about that.

Re being “empathetic”, he is not being taken advantage of at all, that’s what his RHD car is worth here, very ‘limited’ market for them in France.

English Defence League… bovver boots and skinheads :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thanks for that Graham, not my thing, so I haven’t seen the “types”. :wink:

If you do Bill, walk the other way :fearful:

1 Like

:+1: :wink:

Blimey…that would make my car worth about 70 euros…

1 Like

Who are these many who have several cars ? I have one, that’s all I need to get me from A - B ! :wink:

1 Like