Ducks in a row (travel to France sometime again soon)

See links I posted on other threads - the quarantine is not too bad but it appears France will be back to “imperative reason” for UK travellers from Monday.

Not looking great for your options for travelling to France @anon88169868 (similar position for many family members wanting to come)

Not quite! Two hours a day from 10 to 12h for essential shopping and medical appointments.

1 Like

Given how far all those essential things are from here, lucky I won’t have to do a quarantine as by the time I get to them it’ll be pretty much time to come home again.

The gilets jaunes may have had a point about legislation handed down from Paris without really taking into account how many people in the provinces must live.

But many in deep rural France will still be living close to family who do all this for them…

1 Like

No, you are quarantining. No swimming and only essential shopping. You might think you are on holiday, but you are not.

Saw the first Brits in my village yesterday - I must admit I did look at him, seriously don’t want the Indian variant here!

And I’m not being racist! I glare at the Belgians and the Parisians as well - seriously people just stay home until this is going better and more people are vaccinated!

And saying all that I can understand how desperate I’d be to get back and check on a holiday house after so long!

We have already seen a convoy of UK vehicles on the motorway last week, and several family units doing their shopping in Lidl. The influx has already started.

Presumably the tap will turn off on Monday.

Anyone seen anything more official than a tweet?

1 Like

I saw a BFMTV article quoting some Ministry of Interior or other government spokesman that they wouldn’t be systematically following up on confinement for Brits because they weren’t even supposed to be coming to France without that overriding requirement to have to come here.

What is an overriding requirement. My granddaughter is due to visit from the U.K. on 9 th June to assist me as I have a knee op planned.At the end of June. Is this a compelling reason. I live on my own in a rural area and will not be able to drive etc

you would tick the urgent family reasons for that one. She’d be advised to have a printout of the confirmation of your treatment with its date, printed, ready to show if she gets stopped. In this case I’d actually have a print not just expect to show it on a phone. Paper shows you’re prepared and seems immensely reassuring to officials.

Motifs impérieux d’ordre personnel ou familial

Sont autorisés les déplacements pour certaines situations personnelles et familiales : la visite à un proche dont le pronostic vital est engagé , le déplacement d’une personne en situation de handicap et de son accompagnant, ou un déplacement lié à un décès survenu dans la famille. En cas de contrôle, il était demandé lors des précédents confinements le certificat médical établissant la situation de cette personne.

Deuxième motif impérieux, la garde d’enfants par le parent investi de l’autorité parentale ou dont le droit de garde est reconnu par une décision de justice. Il faut alors présenter la décision ainsi qu’une pièce justificative du lieu de domicile. Il est également possible d’accompagner ou d’aller chercher un enfant « chez un parent, un grand-parent ou un proche », et ce même après le week-end de Pâques.

PS she is unlikely to get stopped but best to be prepared with this, and any attestation (if travelling in curfew hours) on paper at Immigration and en route.

Personally 9th June arrival for an op at end of June sounds much more like a holiday. Arrival closer to the date of the op and a longer stay after, would at first glance stack up better as the purpose of the visit. But you’ll be unlikely to get stopped and I’m sure she will have an explanation?

2 Likes

vital in French here means considerably closer to “life or death” I would say - its usual meaning is not quite as much a matter of personal opinion of what’s vital as it is in English.

Thanks Karen - we chose 9th to allow 10 days isolation and test after. Op planned for 21st. Not sure when she will be going back as it depends on me but if too long she will be driving me back to family in UK. My problem is I cannot find the form with the box to tick. The one on the french government site for travel to France from the UK has not been up dated and the next one that covers countries with developing varients does not include any relevant exemption. Which form did you suggest? Thanks again

That seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation. sorry not sure about the form!

Is anyone able to confirm if this is the international travel certificate please ?

TIA

1 Like

Only from another EU country, not from the UK!