Early retirees Carte Vitale

Hi Sue

Originally we sent the file direct to Toulouse, they asked us to send it to Rodez (our regional HQ), they lost the file and after a recent meeting with them, they have now sent it direct to Nimes! My only concern is that they asked us to provide Tax returns from 2013. At that that time we owned a medium sized company and of course we were taking a rather large annual dividend (60k). We now just rely on a private monthly drawdown pension of about £24k. I am assuming that they will calulate 8% of £60k which would equate to around £4.8k or 6,700 euros per year which is then 558 per month before the top up! - perhaps I could appeal re the "current 2015" income? does that make sense?

Agree with Sue’s comments, but so far we are about 4 months into the process and are getting requests for extra information from Nimes. From what we have read on SF and other forums the length of time to get the CV can vary considerably!

Did you send your dossier direct to Nimes? I thought you had to go through the local CPAM office and they checked everything before sending it off. We did that and got CV back within 2 months.

As far as I am aware the costs are the same for everyone. I'm sure someone a will provide exact amounts but cotisations are about 8% of your income above €9500. I certainly don't know of anyone who pays more than that.

We are slightly older than you (61 &62).