EDF Statement

Do uou know if this can this be done from the App? Can’t see where if you can🤔

Having been with EDF for nearly twenty years I moved to another shower a year ago. When they didn’t come up with the wonderful energy management tools they’d promised I moved back to EDF and I really wasn’t given the option of real consumption based bills. So I just signed up. I’m sure EDF love the cash flow benefits. I’ve now written to them to put me back on consumption based billing, I’m not holding by breath though.

Believe me, they will. I’ve done it for clients who couldn’t cope with the 'phone…

See above - you have to call them. 3004 seems to be the new number to use.

3 Likes

Thanks

Thanks, @Badger. This thread has prompted me to check the EDF et Moi app. I just noticed my monthly payments due to rise by approx 50% despite usage staying the same and already being in credit. I shall now be giving them a call later too.

1 Like

A while back I asked EDF to put me on two monthly bills so I wasn’t getting a six-monthly shock. After that, Linky appeared. I am now still getting two-monthly bills but they are based on the Linky readings…

Which is what is supposed to happen, but you can now request monthly real bills.

Before Linkys they only read the meters every 6 months & it was up to the client to send in the actual readings for the 4 other times per year.

If you didn’t you got an estimated bill for those periods.

Although if the price rises and usage stays the same, your payments would need to go up to keep pace.

1 Like

Yes, I expected some increase but not as much as they’ve imposed.

Thanks Badger.

Their Treasury operations must be rubbing their hands in glee. A quick twist of the cash tap and Bob’s your uncle.

What do you rekon Badger?

Bonjour Monsieur Scully,

Je suis Duhuy, votre conseiller du Grand Est et je me suis personnellement occupé de votre demande concernant la modification du mode de paiement.

Avec Zen Online, la mensualisation par prélèvement automatique n’est pas modifiable.

Vous préférez payer autrement ou bénéficiez d’une facture papier ?

Tous nos contrats sont sans engagement de durée.

RDV sur notre [site] ou au 3004, nous avons sûrement une offre qui répond à toutes vos attentes !

Je suis bien sûr à votre écoute. Pour rester en contact avec moi, répondez simplement à ce mail.

N’hésitez pas également à consulter notre foire aux questions en cliquant [ici]

A très bientôt !

Duhuy
Votre conseiller EDF

I wonder if you actually benefit slightly on the tarif if you are on their Zen option?

It seems that the “offres de marché?” (like Zen) are more rigid. Time to change?

All the things I talk about are all to do with the “tarif réglementé”.

It all beyond me really. It’s like selecting a mutuel or a railway ticket, the offers are designed to confuse.

It depends what you compare with the Zen tarif.

I couple of weeks ago, I used the previous 12 months consumption data to estimate the next 12 months potential costs.
The figures worked out as follows:
Tarif B: 1383.52 euros
Tarif Zen: 1470.84 euros
HC/HP: 1342.94 euros

I went with Tarif B as I felt that the modest increased cost compared to the HC/HP option was worth the increased flexibility.

BTW - just received a letter from EDF today pushing their Tempo option.

That email back to you looks like it’s just a cut and paste of standard phrases done by an operator in a call centre in another country.

If I were you I’d do what Badger says and dump Zen quick.

The only proviso being that I think you’ve got an electric car so would need to work out when you’d be charging it.

The UK has increased the power of consumers to resist unjustified direct debit increases generally. I am in same position as Sandcastle, very happy to settle anything extra due once per year (and it won’t be much).

But I didn’t like the need to stand and fight when they tried to increase my direct debit by 30%. It annoys me that 2/3rds of my bill is not consumption but fixed charges or tax, and it really annoyed me that with a pattern of 29 years usage data in front of them and a Linky, to refuse that 30% demand they insisted on questioning me room by room about which electric devices I had. With the data they have, I bitterly resented that intrusion into privacy and I will keep resisting them.

1 Like

I didn’t think that they could increase your payments without your consent ? They have repeatedly asked to increase ours, despite the fact that we’re always in surplus at the end of the year. We’ve always refused, and they haven’t increased our payment.

Everything is done online with no signing any paperwork like you used to do regarding the utilities. All I had to say was yes to an amount acceptable but I do doubt some of the conseilleurs have fluent french, one sounded very asian to me. Anyhow, I printed out a page yesterday with the fixed amounts we agreed so if any quibbles come up, I have it on paper from their official pages. I print everything out these days, you just never know when you might need it and trying to find something on the PC is not always that easy for some of us.

I was very wary about having linky fitted however it has turned out the best thing we could have done. I can now see our consumption daily and look at the hour by hour usage from the previous day on my laptop. Our monthly DD was too much and after 3 months of linky data EDF asked if would like to reduce our monthly payments. If you make full use of the software available with linky you can keep track of exactly what and when you use energy.

3 Likes