Electric Car for guests

That old Renault is better for the environment than a brand new electric car

3 Likes

Interesting example:

Thanks, that’s helpful.

As many have said, I can’t see that buying/leasing a car would be cost effective for this type of business. Particularly when you consider that the most commonly available electric car at sensible prices is the Renault Zoe. Nothing against them, I used one for a good while back in the UK and really enjoyed the car itself - but it is small. No way can it be used for a family plus the sort of equipment kids cart about these days.

BUT - I do think a high speed charge point is worth investigating. Plug in hybrid and full electric cars are becoming more commonplace - I was on a campsite near Millau last year and there were 3 Dutch registered Teslas and a UK reg Mitsubishi Outlander PIH - perhaps you could then charge extra for the recharge facility?

And there is a government subsidy scheme - for private households I believe its now up to 300€ tax credit - but gite owners may qualify for the business subsidy scheme - no doubt somebody here will know the details.

One or two charge points for customers arriving with their EV or PHEV could be a good idea. It doesn’t need to be high speed since customers are staying the night anyway, --> lower cost.

Thanks all. I think charging points is the way to go. Excellent advice.

Have you thought about putting an electric engine into a 2CV car?
You can buy conversion kits for €6k to €10k and end up with a fabulous iconic French car that is EV.

They are also sold with EV’s already fitted.

Lots of websites doing this.

https://www.everything-ev.com/Citroen-2CV-Conversion-to-EV-Parts-Kit

Rob.
(Moving to France this year)

1 Like