Electricity supply new owner

EDF used to have offices in every medium town… ideal for customer services… then they cut costs by closing these outlets down and using call centres or whatever…

One can still find a real EDF person, but they are well hidden…

our place had been empty for 10 years… since the last owner died… electrics were switched off by EDF and we had to visit them to get it sorted…

we blew a fuse the first night… and OH mended it with a piece of wire (old system)

I got mine done over the phone with EDF from the UK set up the direct debit they emailed the contract and made the appointment for the Linky meter install i explained that the property had an old meter but no wiring anywhere in the property and had been empty for years and i needed power to start the works i went out for a week just in case there was any issues but no they turned up when they said they would and within an hour we had power, i set the direct debit up at 30 euros a month on their suggestion as it was only for periodic works as I’m working full time in the UK and would be doing the works over the next year or so, i also had the water turned on whilst i was there but that wasn’t so easy so i used the help of Anglo SOS they are always very helpful I’ve used them for other stuff like tax forms etc.

2 Likes