English pronunciation poem

I missed a couple, but the word moustach is in there which can help with prostate cancer research... Shameless Plug time! Sponsor my lip!

Gorrem all, and I’m a Yorkshireman! Learning French is bad enough, but I’m glad I’m not Learning English from scratch!

Oh definitely, she would not want to upset the locals. She does a really good Scottish accent , though her Welsh is a bit ropey.

Nick - do you think she puts on an accent when she visits her Northern counties?

Suzanne, we should ask the Queen for clarification ;-)

My husband and I would both pronounce some of these words e.g. ass, glass, bass differently due to Southern/Northern dialect - does that mean one of us is incorrect?

That's the one that I got stuck on too..forgotten the other one now lol

Fantastic, I read it out loud and I know I got every single one right ;-) - or is it just the fact that there is no one English speaking around to correct me! What is a 'Terpsichore' anyway? I'm assuming it rhymes with 'trickery'

I'm going to pass this one on, it is great - however, absence from hearing good English spoken does make one query the right pronunciation at times, even with simple words.

No mistakes, but I read it aloud, and found myself going noticeably slower at times! Great exercise for my 3 daughters.

so how many people actually said it out loud and not in their heads?! Try saying this in front of someone else without making 0 mistakes - well done if you can!

Well I had never heard the word Terpsichore before , but OED soon put me right with the correct pronunciation. I must now try and use that in a conversation ;-)

lol...not wanting to brag but only got stuck on 2 words hehehe...been inFrance too long, forgetting how to pronounce some English words.

Taught English for a number of years and would have liked that for my most advancesd stagiaires - excellent ;-)

Just finished my TEFL qualification, very amusing..