EU cat pet passport

Hence the reason for my question!

I donā€™t envy you, our cats both seem to manage a ā€œDirty Protestā€ in the 10 minute drive to the vets!

1 Like

Marble is as good as gold. She ā€˜singsā€™ for the first 20 minutes then sleeps! Iā€™ve made a rack to lift her carrier so that see can see out of the CRVā€™s back windowā€¦

5 Likes

Our tortoise always did thatā€¦ uncanny how she knew where we were taking herā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Can you ask DFDS?

Me too, seem to enjoy the travel more.

I have. They say to ask the vet, and DEFRA. Who give conflicting answersā€¦

1 Like

On balance, I would say get the paper and pill from the vet. You may not need it at the UK border but Marbles is worth so much more than ā‚¬65 when thereā€™s even a small percentage of chance she may be refused entry or at worst, confiscated.

That said, I only pass borders with dogs but I have seen people at the border refused entry for incorrect paperwork. Not somewhere you can win an argument. Iā€™d pay the ā‚¬65 and think of it as peace of mind insurance. (But then, my general modus operandi is to throw money at a problem until it goes away.)

Next trip you will be wiser!

1 Like

At the border they just verify the chip matches the passport or travel cert no major biggy, the dogs docs show we have the worming treatment for the dog and thats it.

No pill required for catsā€¦

1 Like

True but there seems to be conflicting advice everywhere, which may include the pet transfer booth officials. You probably donā€™t need the paper and almost definitely not the pill but is it really worth risking?

bu***rā€¦ Surely they know what they are checking for at the port? Sort of implies they arenā€™t bothered :frowning:

1 Like

All you need now is a French pet passport, up to date of course with all vaccinations. We travel with our cat France to the Uk twice a year and travelled at Christmas with no problems just using the French passport

3 Likes

Definitely because apart from Brianā€™s vet nowhere does it say you do.

Just another tick box excercise for civil servants, whats new.

Thanks, Joan, and welcome to Survive France

Can I just check please that in your experience, the

does not need to be signed by a vet in the days preceding travel to verify that the cat is ā€˜fit to travelā€™ or anything similar?

Eurotunnel (who probably have far greater volumes of pet travel than wonderful DFDS Dieppe to Newhaven) say the following for cats:-

3 Likes

I have absolutely no doubt you are correct.

Iā€™m just overcautious and recall the stamp or no stamp and expiry date issues people have experienced at border control.

Hope everything is now up to date but I wouldnā€™t bet my pet on it. I do genuinely wish Brian and Marble a safe journey.

2 Likes

As luck would have it I now have to visit Dieppe next week. While Iā€™m there, Iā€™ll pop into the DFDS office and ask them. Iā€™ll report back!

2 Likes

No nothing just the passport.

1 Like