Eye test in France

I think getting an ordonnance from somebody is an essential for the first time, @Sandra_Eales . As is usual for these things, more is reimbursed with a prescription than without one. I got mine from an ORL but it wasn’t any better than a few words done by a GP - just something along the lines of “this person needs hearing aids” :smiley:

As far as vanity goes, I have behind-the-ear ones and no-one ever notices them - probably depends on how short your hair is!

Regarding 100% sante - full reimbursement by the state is only for the simpler hearing aids, so how much of anything more sophisticated is refunded depends entirely on the nature of your mutuel. A lot of them don’t cover hearing aids. However, it may well be that a simple one will be all you need… :crossed_fingers:

@JohnBoy , I’m just considering getting my ears tested as I know I have hearing issues. 3 of my older siblings have hearing aids, as did my father and mother, so it’s probably inevitable. I have an EcouterVoir close by so will go there as you’re not the only one to recommend them. Could I ask you to tell me which model you chose ?.

1 Like