Feeling discriminated against!

Or next time you feel this is happening, simply kick up a fuss! You’re a paying customer just as anyone else. Maybe you’re right - maybe it wouldn’t have happened to a French person but not because they’re French, but because they would have said something.

You're so right Andrew, it is now that I have become more fluent that I notice small things that are said, oh well that will teach me that ignorance really is bliss!!! Wish I was brave enough to do what James said lol

Unfortunately it does happen and especially in areas where there are lots of Brits, Dutch etc. The better your language skills become the more you become aware of it as you can pick out the sarcastic remarks too. It's human nature and is just the same in the UK or anywhere else for that matter so don't worry about it, we are immigrants after all!

OMG NO I dont !!!! Yeah hopefully you are right, we have been here 3 and a half years now and it is only just lately I have noticed small things but perhaps I am just being sensitive...I will do as you say and let it go. Thanks.