Finance + Brexit: bad news arrives

that is so often the case… when I chat with folk of around my age… many of us have this “regret”… perhaps too strong a word… but you get the gist…
I spent happy times sitting in grandma’s kitchen… she told me the history of virtually every bit and bob she had accumulated in her home … more or less down to describing the shop/market stall it came from… and how long she had to save for whatever it was …

but did she talk to me about family… not on your life… :wink: :upside_down_face:
and at that age, it did not occur to me to ask…

By the time I was wondering “where I came from”… those who knew were either no longer around … or could not remember … :hugs: :hugs:

My father lied about his age and “got some service in” in WW1. He didn’t talk about it much. If I had known what I know now, I would have asked many questions.
My mother had stories about her life as a child immigrant in East London. I have not forgotten them.

If UK institutions adopt this sort of policy it will be because the UK has implemented rules that force them to do so or the UK institution has decided to do so.

It certainly won’t be to do with a “No-Deal” or any EU regulations.

The quoted text from iDealing doesn’t say that they will be unable to still provide the service, what they do say is “we will not be able to continue providing services to continental european retail clients without difficulty, and are making appropriate contingency plans”.

Perhaps asking iDealing what they consider the options to be would be the best response?

IDealing have now told me they are happy to continue to provide the service. But I do have options to move offshore, though there will be a cost involved.