Flashed by speed cam...can I find out for sure!

So speeding, running red lights and not informing authorities when moving house - how unlucky!

Ah Tim!!! No whinging from me friend :slight_smile: Bang to rights!!!

I even have the opportunity of having them send me the photographic evidence - I quite fancy having an official photo of my Jag speeding around the corner!!! I would even frame it and hang it up in the garage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think in some places teachers can critcise kids without their parents coming round spouting about their ‘rights’.
Lack of respect for discipline is the cause of much of society’s ills.
Too many rights and no responsibilities.

1 Like

My feelings exactly - but as a mere motorist.
The 30 mph speed limit in built up areas was introduced in 1935 for, I assume, safety reasons. Cars at that time had a braking system but technology as well as the introduction of an annual vehicle inspection means that the stopping distance from 30 in today’s cars is considerably shorter than a car of that period.
I have one of each so perhaps one day I will experiment!
However, traffic & population has also increased so for lower speeds a copper’s discretion can be very valuable.
High speeds are different. In my part of the world where the sight of a gendarme is rare, there are a few motor cyclists who think my road is in fact part of the Isle of Man TT circuit & often enter the 70 kph limit 20 metres from my gate doing well in excess of the motorway limit. I must admit that I do not feel much compassion when I see a little memorial at the side of the road where one such has met his end. Darwin & survival of the sensible comes to mind.

1 Like

ooooh Mark you are so full of rage towards Motor bikers :laughing:

Jane, teachers cannot critisie children full stop. If they do, they the risk the rage of the snowflake parents looking for compo due to the alleged damage caused to their kiddywinkies mental state of health and the trauma inflicted.

Not at all, Thomas. Only the ones that ride like complete plonkers. I feel the same way about car & truck drivers too.
Having a fast & agile machine does not exempt you from the laws of physics & one day I will leave my drive when the road is clear & be hit by a bike taking the bend at well over the expected 80 - 90 kph.
I might add that the majority of bikers going past my house do so at a far more sensible pace & indeed are a joy to see & hear.

1 Like

Good for you, i am a biker but like you can only shake a stick at them when they come past my house (50 kmh) at a rate of knots it makes the eyes water. I admit i do exceed the limit on D roads if the road allows it and i am not or see no endangerment to others and then i only go to 100 kmh, i am getting to old for the TT now. I hung up the endurance racing boots many years ago. Also there are a lot more plonkers in cars on the roads that dont or dont want to see a biker.

In France, we can and do criticise (you spelt it wrongly, that’ll be 2 points off ).

2 Likes

To celebrate fifty years since I became a biker at sixteen I’ve just bought a bike appropriate to my age… I got her up to 84KPH yesterday, which is probably all my Yamaha AS1 did back in the day :slight_smile:

. ross

4 Likes

Cool hog John, methinks i had better keep checking the rearview mirror around your domain just in case you sneak up on me.

1 Like

I was referring to the UK not France. I am not up to speed on the things allowed or not within France. Please teacher when do i get the 2 points back?? :innocent:

Peter, didnt you see the emoji laughing ?

Sorry, Thomas, I didn’t (There’s none so blind as those that will not see) :disappointed_relieved:

Will delete thoughtless comment.

More a piglet really :pig:

It’s now been 12 days since I was flashed by a speed cam, but nothing has arrived in the post yet. I would have thought that the fine would have arrived by now. Anyone any idea how long these things take, or might I have got away with it?:thinking::crossed_fingers:

I met a UK based client this morning who has had four French speeding fines sent to his UK address in the last few months, he’s damn lucky that he’s not lost points off his licence.

Mark… if the address on the CG is the address where you live… if something is on its way… it will arrive… fingers crossed you have, indeed, got away with it… :wink:

Hi Mark,
My fixed penalty came through just over 2 weeks after being flashed. The letter advised that I would be docked one point from my license too :hushed:
To date, I have not received any follow up on the license…

Thanks for the info Martin, looks like I’ve got a few more days to wait.