France - Cost of Living Expensive?

Take your point Simon, I was merely stating my personal experience s :thinking:

1 Like

And 13.50 for lunch 4 courses…well it takes a lot of covers to make money on that.
We cooked for 8 last night and the number of glasses, plates, cutlery and pans we used
would keep any one busy for hrs.
But it was a good evening.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know how they produce such quality dishes for that price Barbara. They open Sunday lunchtime and Saturday evening, the menu is more expensive then but sublime (a friend’s words). I have posted their reviews from Trip Advisor here to give you an idea …

We have servants for that.:wink:

1 Like

https://www.gov.uk/smoke-control-area-rules

I hope that you pay them well Tim.

Does one pay servants?

1 Like

What is behind the joke Tim interested to know.

Nothing really, it’s raining and the wife’s taken to her sewing room at the top of the house so I can’t annoy her without climbing two sets of stairs.

2 Likes

You could keep sending the servants up to ask her daft questions… :grin:

4 Likes

She’d get annoyed and we’re going away soon on our own, I’m not completely stupid.

3 Likes

And do you think people obey? We’ve forgotten what it was like to walk to school with a scarf over your face and have it turn black…

I wasn’t generalising, just stating that my personal experience has been different. And I know that because of where I lived but it does mean that I respond moreover positively to french prices.

Interesting article Jane - naughty Londoners - looks like Sadiq is going to sort them out though! :slight_smile:

Anyway we digress - how much was a stère of wood in Cambridgeshire?

How much is fish in Madrid?

Well David as you ask - Carrefour Spain (online) have pretty consistent prices across the country with sea bream currently at 21,24€/kg - hope that helps :wink:

https://www.carrefour.es/supermercado/besugo-de-cultivo/R-628108479/p

Personally I prefer Mercadona or Consum - both tend to be better value than Carrefour.

Can’t remember precisely but do remember when we bought our first load of wood here I was pleasantly surprised that it was less than 2/3rds price.

1 Like

You missed the point again. You use specific examples to support a point of view but don’t allow others to do the same. A bit like not allowing to have their own valid reasons for disliking Airbnb. Spectrum?

Wrong again I’m afraid David - I completely got your point. I don’t know…you do give me the runaround, first the price of fish in Madrid and now a Spectrum. Well, if you mean the Sinclair ZX Spectrum - you can pick one up on Ebay France for around 90€ - other sellers, in other countries are also available. Again - happy to help! :wink:

Just thought of something else I’ve found to be cheaper here compared to UK…Veterinary fees…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes