Free vs Orange

I have recently changed from Orange to Free for the internet not because Orange were bad but simply because they informed me they were going to group together my land-line phone bill and my internet bill which was not at all helpful to me personally as the business pays for one of those and our other business pays for the other. they said they would get back to me about my problem but after 2 weeks they hadn't so I moved to Free.

I get a bit more for my money with Free as now I get all calls to French mobiles included in the monthly tariff as well as all the land line calls I want I believe Australia is covered as one of their 42ish countries that are included on land-line calls.

When you are with Free internet you can get a mobile deal for 0€ per month it's an hour of calls and I believe unlimited texts. I have never managed to use all my allowance in one month but I don't call many people it's more about emergencies and being able to have people call me outside of the house. They have a bigger deal for about 16€ per month but if you don't want to use it much then the 0€ will probably do you.

The downside to Free is if there is a problem it takes a long time to fix , this is true of every provider except for Orange as they are obliged to go through Orange/ France Telecom to check the lines for problems before they send someone out to sort a problem. When I had a box problem with Orange I was sorted in 48 hours I had a problem with Free not long after I had the box and I was eventually informed I had to wait 5 working days so the whole thing took just over a week.

Hope that helps.

Can I just say that getting hold of customer service for Free is a nightmare (just like the others, maybe worse) BUT I recently discovered that they have an online chat customer service for which you can download an app that gives fairly rapid real time assistance. It’s called (funnily enough) Free Assistance.

Internet at reasonable speed… depends on where you live…:laughing: in some areas there is no speed…:unamused:

Yep, just moved to the SW from Normandy and Free doesn’t work, so I’ve just changed back to Orange.
And it’s worse!

My particular gripe (amongst several) with Orange is their so-called assistance button, which rambles on an on, not addresssing the issue at hand and then says (words to this effect) ‘If none of these help contact a friend for assistance’ - seriously??
We have twice had failures lasting up to six weeks on the internet (before ADSL) but I have not been tempted to shift thinking theoretcally these are the biggest, so they should be the best, even though I have no comparative evidence. My unlimted account is good value though especially when I compare the rates in Australia where my contacts and friends mainly are.
The Devil you know?