French Toll bipper for UK residents (not Crit'Air!)

From a bip and go email today,
Valid throughout France, for & in almost 1,300 car parks.

But rarely (I have discovered) the one you have chosen to park in!

1 Like

I’ve checked the carpark we use the most… and, yes, it accepts the bip thingy and gives instructions on how to use.

I read the parking instructions more than once, to make sure I wasn’t mistaken… seems the bip works for payment on leaving, instead of using one’s bankcard… that’s all.
“Take a ticket on entering then the bip thingy works automatically when you leave…” :wink:
So we won’t be joining the “bip” owners’ club… :wink:

Curious, what did you think it would do?

I’d hoped the Entry to the parking would note the Bip going-in … and thus I’d not need to get out to take the ticket (I can’t reach the machine even though I am on the LHS…)

When we were still RHD we kept a grabber in the car - this sort of thing

https://www.manomano.fr/p/tacklife-upgrade-reacher-grabber-tool-outil-de-agripper-bras-coud-0-180-tte-rotative-90-rg01-43617944

1 Like

That’s interesting, thanks…

Since my accident, my left arm is pretty useless at stretching out … and I could barely reach the machines before without half climbing out of the window… :wink:

Barrier-free parking would be ideal… Bip going In and Out… but I guess the equipment is just too expensive for many carparks…

I suspect a bigger problem is it would give free parking for non-Bippers! :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

I stand corrected!!

1 Like

:wink: :wink: no, you are right to be cautious… I’d be prepared to buy a Bip just for my favourite carpark… if it would do what I want it to… :wink:
and I wouldn’t mind the entry barrier… if it would see my Bip and… raise itself up… hurrah…

Another big thumbs up for Bip & Go from me and my wife. We pay from a Starling Euro account.

This is what I don’t understand, the technology is clearly there so that this can be done and, to me, most of the benefit is lost if you still need to take a ticket.

Maybe so you can pay if the tag fails. Otherwise they’d need number plate recognition at the entrance.

1 Like