Gîte hols 2021

I assume you won’t allow them to stay if they haven’t had a vaccine? :wink:

How does that help? As I said earlier the vaccine stops the person suffering the affects of the virus it does not stop transmission so until most of the population have been vaccinated it wont change anything.

Note the wink at the end John. Tim is agreeing with you. :slight_smile: It was Jane saying she needed them vaccinated.

Macron has promised that we will have been vaccinated by then.

ah it is not just about vaccaination it is about everyone being sensible
I mean everyone

Just had a couple who were coming from the UK for a month in June cancel for the second time. Jet2 has cancelled their flights. Bless them, they are hoping to come out next year. Third time lucky hopefully.
Shame, I would rather have UK visitors than from anywhere on the continent at the moment as I know anyone from the UK will have been vaccinated.

1 Like

We’re the opposite! Don’t really want British people, all too complicated.

and confirmation by sending

Just asking… what is “ complicated” Re British holidaymakers?

1 Like

We have had few British clients in the 6 years we’ve had out gîte, and are not in that market now. But the ones we have had have been problematic, generally leaving a mess, ruining towels and equipment and so on. Initially we thought we would target the British, so have UK television, English books, everything translated etc but our early experience was not good, so no longer advertise on british facing portals.

Shame Jane, not been my experience at all. Indeed far from it. Several of our UK guests are now friends and are quite distraught that they haven’t been able to get to stay with us again over these two summers.

We have not had any trouble with our Brit guests at all, except for one obese lady who caused the toilet to come away from the wall!
We have not heard from several of our guests who had re-booked for this year.
I think it might depend upon your market, we are not cheap but like to think we give value for money. and looking at the remarks in our guest book, they seem to agree.

You have to be careful with Brits because there are negative aspects to UK culture - such as binge-drinking - so we take only families and couples from the UK, whereas we have had French and German parties - even teenagers - without problems.

But as far as families and couples go, we’ve had them from many countries, including lots from the UK, and the vast majority have been no problem wherever they’re from.

The vast majority of our clients have been wonderful, and yes we have made friends with some who are now regular clients. We can’t charge what you can down by Cluny, but we are top of the range for our area so it’s not that we are attracting cheapskates!

Perhaps it was merely bad luck that out of the 4 bad experiences we have had, two have been the only 2 English families we have ever had. (We have also had an over-large woman from Alsace who caused harm to one of the toilets, and pulled the toilet roll holder from the wall in heaving herself up - but being French she had insurance. And lack of insurance is another issue with British clients.)

We are not anywhere British really know or want to come to, so basically easier all round not to bother with English facing advertising. And whether people are vaccinated or not doesn’t bother me as we are continuing with our hygiene protocols whether they are or not.

That’s all very sad but I understand now!
We have several rental properties in UK and have the same experiences.

Not had any problems with quests from any nation apart from the French often being reluctant to leave any messages in the guest books which winds Herself up far more than it should.

Did okay with French, Dutch, Belgian and Swedish guests last year and hoping for a similar amount of bookings this year.