Gites and Chambres d hotes may soon be paying 7% TVA

Surely this needs a response from Gites de France and all the other leading rental agencies and companies.

I would be delighted to join in if I knew where to go.

I totally agree Barbara, on our last visit to UK we cancelled our return stay at the Chambre d'Hotes (french run).

We have a really high quality Little House, which we intend to rent next year. Jim is building a hand fitted kitchen and we have oak flooring and en-suite showers to each room, plus a loo under the stairs for coming in from the pool.

We want to provide the quality of accommodation we would expect.

I hve just remembered that when my friends came to stay in their caravan, our daughter and son-in-law who were staying at the time, said that the shower in their van was bigger than the shower in a quite expensive hotel that they had stayed at in Paris!

Hi Barbara,

Obviously this has a major impact potentially on our industry. So we can let our gite owners know, and potentially bring pressure to bear what is the best place please to get more information about this punative legislation.

Many thanks

I found some lovely little lavender treasures for the bathrooms at a Fete

yesterday. But was slightly taken back by the remarks from one of the local

stand-holders....AH you have the vegie B and B? And you charge more than this hotel

for rooms.

Ah no we are not vegie but we can produce excellent vegan and vegeterian cusine.

And our prices are rather high but the quality is there....breakfast in hotels is plus of 30 euros

for 2 and in a B and B included. Not to mention I have a proper coffee machine, almost unlimted

coffee with breakfast.OUR rooms are really large. The service is much more personal than a hotel;
Our prsense in the village has added pennies in the local shop tills.

I SPENT a fortune modernising and only aspire to offer a great experience for our clients.

So many hotels fail to create this experience as the staff are mainly there just for the wage packet.

Your heart and soul needs to be in a B and B not your sesire for money making.

After the fete I arrive back and read about the 7% increase.

Lack of for sight....SEEING only the little picture.

Tourism is vital for France and hotels need to be kicked into shape....

We are absolutely horrified at the thought of this tax collection for the french government, especially when it will be applied to all takings .

I understand that there is huge pressure from the hotel industry, who say that gites and B & B's are providing the same service and are taking their business. I have yet to stay in a hotel which asks me to cook all my opwnmeals and make my bed!

I cannot understand why the French are so determined to destroy their tourist industry.