Good news at last

Coming soon - the Diva Plavalaguna model :smiley:

2 Likes

You clearly know Focal :joy: sorry couldnt resist.

visuel-vertical-ligne-utopia

A snip at £160k :crazy_face:

That makes the pair on Ebay a snip at only £16,500 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

My error this should say point, not fine …

So to not get a fine in an 80 with 5kph tolerance you could only do 90 .

Thanks, appreciate that. And on topic too! But would like to hear from anyone who has recieved an infringment notice recently that shows posted speed limit, recorded speed, reduction for margin of error and resultant fine and point loss if any.

and the cheerful news is that I’m not going barmy… (it’s all them uvvers :wink: )
there is at least one separate thread on “speeding”

1 Like

Incidentally, sitting at the roadside in Perigueux recently… vaguely watching the traffic go by… I was astounded by the number of vehicles which did NOT adhere to the 30kh on a stretch of road which included a particularly busy 4-way junction…
but, at least they did Stop… when the lights went Red…

On the other hand… not one single Trotinette thingy stopped at any Red light…
each one sailed on through and negotiated it’s way through the “legal” traffic, either coming at it and across it… on all sides… aaargh.
and, when you see the car drivers speeding up to beat the lights…
and a Trot driver ignoring the Red lights…
that is a recipe for disaster… I shall never sit at that spot again, it’s a nightmare.

In the end, I was almost holding my breath, sure that I would witness an accident and someone’s death…
as happened recently in Bordeaux…

I suggest that drivers do stick to “the limit” as shown on the Signs… and not feel free to go that bit faster… please…

Talking of trottinettes, the electric type, I went to pick up my son at 06.45 the other morning to take him for his IRM appointment at the hospital. On the way to his house which is a very winding country D road with very few houses along the 5km stretch I had no fewer than three of these evil machines coming along towards me on the other side of the road and not one of the riders was wearing any sort of protection, reflective gear or anything light in colour so they could be easily seen. I then passed the big bus a few mins later and I bet that driver said a few choice words when he caught up with them all! They should not be allowed to be used like bicycles on the public road and should be insured too!

1 Like

New word for today Trottinette :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: don’t mock the afflicted… my hands won’t behave today… and I’m fed up with correcting myself all the time…
so I’ve decided not to bother… everyone knows what I’m talking about… whether spelling is correct or just awful… :wink: :wink:

Think of it as Darwinian natural selection -

…so losing trottinistes(?) in such circumstances will ultimately strengthen the gene pool :wink:

1 Like

They all drive Audis when they aren’t on their trottinettes, that explains it. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Iknow we’re all chuckling… but this was actually a horrible 20 minutes… watching so many near-misses… :frowning: :dizzy_face:

Hi Vero, asked you a question on a thread that maybe you don’t follow, so I’ll take this opportunity - what’s the French term for a mackerel sky?

Comme ça

1 Like

Oh sorry, I hadn’t seen! Off the top of my head I can’t think of an equivalent, we say un ciel qui moutonne but that would be little round fleecy clouds. What is it they say in English? mackerel sky mackerel sky not long wet and not long dry? Not the sort of weather you got chez moi on the Côte d’Azur when I was growing up :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll ask my colleagues tomorrow, maybe they will be more clued-up than I am. Also I think it is a 40 Inuit names for snow type question, English is far keener on weather maybe because there’s more variability in a day OH STROKE OF GENIUS ask Breton people, they are bound to know!

Edited to add I looked it up (not too proud to admit it) and they suggested ciel pommelé but I have a prob with that because pommelé means dappled like a horse not barred like a mackerel. Also I saw a literal translation saying ciel de maquereau and then some nonsense about resemblance to fish scales which proves they don’t know what they are talking about and have never seen a mackerel.

3 Likes

Try this…

'un ciel pommelé (AC ou SC perlucidus)

2 Likes

Thanks for the fulsome reply - we get many of these in the Lot Valley, but also got them, albeit more rarely on the Cumbrian coast overlooking the Solway Firth. I’m writing this sat opposite forty of my wife’s paintings of Solway skies as seen from the same window of our former home.

Cirrus minor?

1 Like

Yes but as I said pommelé is really dappled not barred or brindled (bringé) so faute de mieux it will do but I don’t find it satisfactory🙂.
And it isn’t to do with scales whatever dictionaries may say, just look at mackerel skin!

So beautiful.

3 Likes