Guardian 'news' paper

Yes it is. it certainly isn’t impartial.

2 Likes

Hmm, does David Gay suggest I refrain from posting on this forum?

1 Like

He hasn’t said that Lee.

One would get that impression James, following his last comment I’ll choose to ignore any further posts from him.

Sauce, goose, gander.

I think many people would agree that it is no longer impartial. However, it certainly does NOT have a bias to the left - hence the (widely noted) lack of Corbin coverage during the last election.

When anybody whoes skin colour is not the same as yours is treated in exactly the same way as you are modern slavery and its brother racism still is alive and well.

Judging from current correspondance nationalism is still alive and well.

The BBC is supposed to be impartial, but in reality this is something that is almost impossible to achieve. If you took one important news story that I considered impartial, others could easily argue that they didn’t. So who’s right?

2 Likes

Many people have complained about BBC left bias, Ken Loach for example, its bias is obvious when you see programs like question time, it was called out for bias during the GE in 2015 and again during the referendum debates. Then there’s the Spectator interview with Nick Robinson so yes I believe BBC is biased.

1 Like

Many people also believe in unicorns. It doesn’t mean they exist.

I’m afraid that whilst I’ve noted your points with interest Lee, we are going to have to agree to disagree.

2 Likes

This is a reply from the BBC requested under the freedom of information act regarding left/right bias during the 2017 election.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/414242/response/1006188/attach/html/3/RFI20170915%20Response.pdf.html

2 Likes

Please don’t misinterpret the post, slavery has been rife for hundreds of years and sadly still is, however it was not limited to the blacks yet they are the ones who complain most about historical events and are most instrumental in voicing their ‘offence’ over the statues of Lord Nelson and Cecil Rhodes demanding they be removed. Now I see the Aborigines are demanding Cooks statue be removed. Nothing about my post is meant to be racist nor was racism implied, purely an observation.

1 Like

Same could be said of religion, many people also believe in god, it doesn’t mean he exists. I respect your opinion though however misguided :rofl:

1 Like

I was brought up in Jorvik, the only viking statues were that of Thor and Odin :rofl: Anyway I believe the vikings were quite primitive back in the day and had no civilisation like the Romans and Greeks for example, as they were only interested in raping and pillaging I don’t think building statues would have been on their agenda.

1 Like

Oh! yes it is!

2 Likes

All the properly documented evidence, however, would suggest the opposite: that newspapers in general have a right-wing bias - but The Guardian is less biased than most. For example:

1 Like

That report shows the Guardian more neutral and far less critical of Corbyn than other media.

2 Likes

My ancestors, the Chinese. :laughing:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Precisely; as I said, ‘The Guardian is one of the few UK newspapers that can lay any claim to independence and objectivity.’

1 Like